Do I need a bigger tractor to haul wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never under estimate the power of an old Cub Cadet. Which one is that? Original...72...?

NOPE!

204294d1319497303-ld1-jpg

farmer steve and Whitespider, you guys are my heroes. I have a little JD 111. With 11hp and a set of chains it has plenty of power and traction to pull a way overloaded 17ct ft cart. I'm sure it could pull more but this darn jersey sand is the limiting factor for me. Not to mention I'm sure I'd kill the transaxle if I tried to pull a load like that...

Ha the pics are awesom. Very impressive actually. Betting it would be a different story here in the hills though. And...its the downhills that would scare me!

If it aint broke dont fix it. If its still pulling that trailer good for you dont waste your money.:rock:

This is tuff, a guy naturally wants to pull for the underdog (no pun intended) and side with the little old GT. On the other hand, a man always needs a bigger tractor, it is in our DNA. In fact cave men used to sit around their cave fires of gathered sticks and wi####lly say things like "If I just had a bigger tractor..." The visionary cave man's buddies would all grunt in agreement and then one would add "A bigger chain saw too." They had to settle for sharper rocks and bigger mules, but we today face no such limits, and we owe it to ourselves to live their dreams and buy bigger tractors and saws.

Mr. HE:cool:

P. S. My wife thinks there is a flaw in my logic, but I told her she doesn't have the DNA to truly understand.:msp_tongue:

:rock: awesome.

I had a older craftsman (mtd) that wouldnt even pull my racecar on flat concrete,ended up breaking something in the trans-axle so I did what every good mechanic would do...welded it up so it was always in 5th gear :hmm3grin2orange:

Any idea why it blanks out W. I. S. T. F. U. L. L. Y ???

heres one from last year...

Real nice!

I moved a 16'w X 24'L X 14' Tall shed one time using an ATV trailer with big balloon tires and a Toro Dingo at the other end. It was really slow and careful going. I was a bit of a legend with the farmers in the area, they were betting big money I couldn't move it with such small equipment.

it doesnt. it blocks out S . T . F . U :hmm3grin2orange:

Hahahahaha! That's funny right there!

...a man always needs a bigger tractor, it is in our DNA.

Yes, I have uses for a bigger tractor... and I've been shoppin' skid-loaders also.
But honestly, that little tractor pullin' that old army trailer lets me maneuver into, and out of, some pretty tight spots in the woodlot... places I just couldn't get to with something larger. And it's never failed to pull the loaded trailer out of the woodlot, up or down hill (but I have had to use the winch to clear a mud hole on occasion). When I put that transmission in low range and low gear I believe I could pull a semi-tractor out' the ditch... provided those tire chains could find traction.

Back