Do We Have To Be Certified

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best chain out there?

• Dealer (stihl,husky,etc.)

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Oregon

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • WoodsmanPro

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Laser

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Your Question: What is TCIA Membership

Stihlgotwood,

TCIA is the Tree Care Industry Association. (see www.treecareindustry.org)

Here in Ontario you should look to the Ontario Commercial Arborists Association (see: http://www.isaontario.com/OCAA/index.php) which is the sister group to the International Society of Arboriculture (Ontario Chapter) that serves those in the business of tree service. Call Sue Potter at the ISAO office for more information. Her number is 1-888-463-2316.

Another good source of education is Arboriculture Canada Training & Education. (see: www.arborcanada.com)

Hope this is of help!

Scott

Last edited:
just curios- what is TCIA membership
For me, TCIA membership was the guilt built up after 12 years of receiving their free treecare magazine and never kicking anything back.

You don't need to be a member of TCIA, just call or e-mail and ask to receive the publication. Once a year you have to send in the included, postage paid card so they can keep you on the renew cycle. TCIA also puts on the tree care EXPO every year, which is another really great place to go and learn and network and buy gear. If you get the magazine, you'll get notice of when and where the EXPO is.
------------
With membership, you get both the TCIA Magazine and another tree publication, downloadable. Here's a sample of that

Last edited:
I dont belive that it is a must to be certified but do the homework and look at proper prunning techs and you should be fine. Get certified later though.

Fiona I would get on the membership dept about that. [email protected]. Arborist News came out in December and the AUF journal should be out in January. They alternate, so you should be getting something every month.

Thanks Seer, I emailed them and they got back to me PRONTO!!
I got my December magazine yesterday, probably the Chrismas back log and the fact that Bermuda is another world.
ISA takes care of their customers folks.:heart:

Latest posts

Back