Do you fight the grass guys at the gas station in the morning?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They always want to look at my awesome grinder, sayin, boy I wish I could afford one of them, how much u getting for
a stump these days, usually don't have time to show them my 660 LOL....

Bob.....:givebeer:

When theres another tree service and won't move there junk so you can fill up with diesel....

Putting a diesel tank at the shop was one of the best things I have done. Friday afternoon the trucks and chippers get washed, fuelled up and parked ready to rock for Monday morning. It's not that I am getting the diesel a lot cheaper that way, I am saving money by not having 5 men stand around on my payroll at the pump while we fill 2 trucks, a chipper, mini skid etc one at a time. Time is money.

I agree with the pump at the shop. Boss is getting a new 1000 gal tank installed as soon as he gets done fighting with the zoning board. As far as fighting with the grass guys goes, why? They got a job to do too. As long as they're cutting grass they aren't taking work from me, so let them have at it. I hand out business cards to them and get a card of theirs to refer work back and forth.

Has anyone tried a fueling service. Truck shows up two evenings a week (depending on usage) and fuels all the equipement. We used to have an onsite tank, but the regs became onerous. This works better than waiting at the gas station.

660 is a mans saw. But an 880 is a boss mans saw lol. My buddy owns a major tree service here in Augusta ga. We always fight at the station over diesel. I own a Lawncare company he owns the tree service lol. Sometimes I cut him off just to brighten his day. Always gets me back though. Reminds me I gotta watch my back, I did that this morning at the station lol.

I dont fight the grass, guys, just breathe it in deep and relaxxxxx

Back