Does Anyone Have Any Other Hobbies Other Than Falling Timber and Working on Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to dabble with all kinds of hobbies... hunting/fishing, reloading ammo, working on cars, RC airplanes, gardening, guitars..... now I only seem to find time to play with saws. Just can't figure out where all the time goes :monkey:.

Dan

I restore old Kawasaki's
Before
stuffz404-1.jpg

after
stuff290.jpg

My current project
stuff299.jpg

stuff587.jpg
A Kawasaki KZ 1000 was the demise of a good friend of mine back in 77, or 78 I can't remember for sure. I knew it would be. It was nothing to see him going down the highway at 70mph on the. rear wheel. He had it for a couple months before he wrapped it and himself around a huge oak tree one night. A wicked fast production bike if I remember right.

Last edited:
Micheal, that is your daughter??? What happened? She is beautiful. LOL Just teasing ya.
Very cute youngin' for sure. Probably gets whatever she wants with that face :)

If you find something that works, please let me know. My yard is just getting destroyed this year.
A good mole killing black lab is hard to beat. I got three of them and haven't had a mole in years. I do have to do a little lawn repair sometimes though. If they would just fill the holes back in and plant grass seed I would be happy.

Micheal, that is your daughter??? What happened? She is beautiful. LOL Just teasing ya.
Very cute youngin' for sure. Probably gets whatever she wants with that face :)

Yeah she gets almost what she wants all the time. She's 16 months old tomorrow going on 15.

During the summer I spend weekends doing food concessions at fairs and festivals. This week I have 2 different trailers at 2 county fairs plus I am working all week so it is a little buisy. If the weather is good the money is good. It has helped pay for a couple saws. It was a good way to teach my kids work ethic. Bigjohnston and I are partners in one of my trailers.

Hunting, fishing, and keeping the brush down on the property. Write a song or two from time to time.

Last edited:
Dude, you have no idea. Wait until she's 9 going on 36.

I'm sure it will only get worse. She's a daddy's girl since day one and is happy with a little of nothing to play with. She'll go by her toys and stuff to play with a ratchet wrench. She was turning bar nuts on the 394 earlier with a 13mm wrench. It didn't have a chain on it to cut her so it kept her happy for a little bit.

Play a little guitar. Been pikken since I was 15. Not as much the past 10 years, with other priorities. Own a Guild D50NT and a Gibson J-200. Learned on the Guild. The J-200 is my dream guitar.

I used to get out into the woods (reverted from pasture over the course of a century) and dig old bottles from 1800s trash heaps and midden sites. Started when I was like 8 or 9. Poor boy's treasure hunting, I suppose.

After a while, I began specializing in the old medicines, cures, bitters, etc.

Don't dig much anymore. Don't buy any either - kids have a way of making the disposable income vanish.

Here are a couple of my favorites - the 2 large ones. Both from NH with the original labels. As far as I know, these might be the only examples surviving of these 2 anywhere.

attachment.php

Some more of the collection displayed in an antique museum exhibit case I modified some years ago.I also collect paper/cardboard medicine packaging from long ago too, which you can see.
attachment.php

And a few more
attachment.php

Hot Rod trucks...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Gary

Nice c series! Been on the hunt for one of them for awhile now. Iowa salt gets most of em though.

Camping with my three daughters, wife and Golf take up most of my time. The saws usually get attention when they are sleeping and winter.

Thats not milling Bobl. Thats drinking. :biggrinbounce2:

Chainsaws
Playing Bass
Working out
ATV's
Tetrahydrocannabinol
Various Forms or Horticulture
Video Games
The Jersey Shore
Beer:cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts