Does Anyone Have Any Other Hobbies Other Than Falling Timber and Working on Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

i would not want to be on your bad side

i would not want to be on your bad side

Lol! Thats about what I was thinking.

I know I'm headed to Arkansas if war ever breaks out over here. :cheers:

I have been drueling over those photos. I have to say I love my guns even over my saws. :) Hope I don't get banned for saying that.

I only have a few, but I might post a few pics.

Lol! Thats about what I was thinking.

I know I'm headed to Arkansas if war ever breaks out over here. :cheers:

I have been drueling over those photos. I have to say I love my guns even over my saws. :) Hope I don't get banned for saying that.

I only have a few, but I might post a few pics.

I am the same way i will die before i lose em

hey stihl sawing wish we lived a little closer together we could go shooting, i love ar15s,ak47s and any thing that goes bang.

This is all I have right now.

100_1427.jpg

100_1428.jpg

First one is my Savage .22. Was my Grandpas.
Second one is my TC Omega muzzle loader. .50cal. Nikon 3x9
Third is my Marlin .45-70 Govt. cowboy edition with the octagon barrel.
Fourth is my Grandpas old .303 British. Killed my first deer with it.
Then my baby, Remington 7mm SAUM Sendero SF. Leupold VX-III 4.5x14.

Other than wood cutting, I used to build alot of models, mostly cars, a few military/aircraft. I have about 50+ kits waiting to be built with about that many already built. Don't read as much as I used to ether. For hunting, primarly just deer hunt, small game, tried turkey hunting here and there. Quit fishing when I had to start buying licenses (under 16, no license in Wis.) Ride the 4-wheeler around a bit. But my main hobby now is my "nice" truck, a '90 Chevy K1500. (and some amatuer photography)

attachment.php

attachment.php

I started going to shows 5 years ago and have fixed up the truck some since then. I repainted and replaced the box, but had a shop do the cab corners, rockers, and door bottoms. Also had a 3" Rancho suspention lift put in back when I worked at a dealership. Other than a Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, K&N air filter, MSD Blaster coil and Accel cap, rotor, 8mm plug wires, the 350 TBI is still stock. A bigger cam, intake, and headers and a shift kit in the tranny as well are on the wish list.

attachment.php

She doesn't go anywhere from Nov. to March-April. But I do use her for work yet though.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Guns, hunting, bikes, cigars

Lots of gunny guys here; me too. But nothing like Stihl Sawing--you are way over the top, man. In fact, guns and hunting are what got me serious about chainsaws since I needed to cut up this old downed oak that's rock hard at our hunting camp. I also work in the motorcycle industry, which in some ways has ruined a perfectly good hobby for me--now bikes and ATVs seem like work a lot of the time, but I do get in my fair share of riding. Besides guns and reloading I also just like to spend time reading and puffing on good cigars--getting a bit lazy in my old age, I guess.

Olyeller

i'm into fishing, garden tractors, wheelin my truck, camping, motorcycles (2 KZ 1000's), chainsaws and spending time with my family. i would be into guns but the gov. says i'm not allowed any more.

You win. You've got a .303 :)

I've got a No 4 US Property Savage made one. The Japanese didn't like the .303's thats for sure :cheers:
Yup, I had a mk 4 one time. Wish i still had it. They have the smoothest bolt action of them all. Super well built. Thought about buying another a couple of years ago untill i seen what they are selling for. Guns have gone through the roof on prices.

I have enough old milsurps to play Beau Gest and a pile of ammo to keep heads ducking for weeks. Hey SS, not only do I have two Mk 4s, but a No5 as well.

My real hobbies, I ocean fish, play with my cameras and try to convert chaotic thoughts into something reasonable. I do hit the Rye a bit.

I also play an old video game, I kill and burn 3-4 times a week

Last edited:
I have enough old milsurps to play Beau Gest and a pile of ammo to keep heads ducking for weeks. Hey SS, not only do I have two Mk 4s, but a No5 as well.
My real hobbies, I ocean fish, play with my cameras and try to convert chaotic thoughts into something reasonable. I do hit the Rye a bit.

I also play an old video game, I kill and burn 3-4 times a week
Yeah, Yeah....Rub it in.lol

Latest posts

Back