Does anyone know what the cheapest chainsaw chaps available are ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaneLogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The title says it all, I need some good chaps that are under 100 dollars. I would like the best ones and the cheapest ones to.

I know we have all heard the saying you get what you pay for,on some things especialy safty gear you have to bight the bullet and pay the bucks.

does anyone know where I can get the cheapest pair of legs? k, thx.

really, man, you can get a decent pair of chaps under/near $100, or you can get some of the better ones for that or not much more.
What's more important to you, maneuverability or protection? are you moving a lot or standing in one spot and bucking firewood?

I like my labonville comp wrap chaps, but they are a little stiff at 10ply, vs the 6 ply versions.

Buy "good" safety gear, save your money on cheap whiskey.

I think the foresters are around $50. I think the labonville are $70 or so and look much nicer and thicker to boot.

Check out the laborville 6 ply. They were 20% off around the holidays of sure if they still are. And. Heck out YouTube there are videos of them stopping saws.

I don't know what the cheapest chaps are, but I do know, that the most expensive ones are ones that don't work.

Later,

Sam

does anyone know where I can get the cheapest pair of legs? k, thx.

really, man, you can get a decent pair of chaps under/near $100, or you can get some of the better ones for that or not much more.
What's more important to you, maneuverability or protection? are you moving a lot or standing in one spot and bucking firewood?

I like my labonville comp wrap chaps, but they are a little stiff at 10ply, vs the 6 ply versions.

Buy "good" safety gear, save your money on cheap whiskey.

I move some but not alot, I do some walking but I really want safe chaps with lots of protection.

Saw a pair of Labonville 6 plys today (member here who shall remain anonymous unless he wants to fess up) that had been tested not once but twice, worked both times.

Spend the money, "get the good stuff" as the NAPA commercials say. 6 ply Labonvilles are under your $100 by a 20 spot or so, I like the full wrap for working in brush, but some prefer the straight leg. READ THE SIZING INSTRUCTIONS, chap length is not the same as your jeans inseam.

Let us know on your purchase, and like airbags in the car, we hope they're a safety feature you never need, but you'll be glad you have it if you do need it.

You might try where they sell novelty motorcycle helmets.

I don't think the Husky chaps are more than $55, cinch them up right and cut wisely and you are ahead in the game. or spend more.

The 10-ply are a bit much. Great for freezing weather, but hot at all other times.

I'm going to get some 6-ply (Labonville), so I'll wear 'em more.

Buying twice is not the cheap way.

some of us have to wear them whether would choose to or not - loved ones or OSHA make the choice. I choose to but can curse them.

Forget injury, one day in the field with the wrong gear and all savings are lost. If you have to cruise through brambles and thickets it's really hard to beat inserts.

If you have to cruise through brambles and thickets it's really hard to beat inserts.

On that note, I have just started wearing Filson Tin chaps instead of raingear. Much more comfy and they breathe WAY better. They are pretty nearly snag-proof, and keep me quite dry. I wear synthetic materials underneath, so anything that does get wet dries quickly. I doubt I'll ever go back to traditional raingear. The single layer Tin chaps are only about 70 bucks from the manufacturer.

Stihl and Husqvarna both sell cheap chaps. If Forester sells chaps I'll bet they are even cheaper. You defineately don't need quality chaps if you have cheap replaceable legs.

Last year the STIHL orange apron chaps were $76. Don't even remember what my brand is, but they were about $90. And, Saw Chaps will make your legs sweat, summer and winter.

Latest posts

Back