Chainsaw chap inserts (in Europe)?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeasaburt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I currently own (and always wear, when using a saw) a pair of hot, heavy, clunky chainsaw overalls from Kox a.k.a. Oregon tool GMBH, Germany. I really don't like 'em, know why I wear them though.
Was looking into an upgrade, Kox has some nice saw pants on offer, also in not too flashy colors (which I don't like, or need - no requirement for high vis, and I already have a bright orange helmet anyway). They don't do chaps, however that's an option that also seems appealing.
Now, I came across the 'chainsaw chap inserts' by Labonville. Seems interesting, I could have a pair of jeans or other workpants adapted with some push buttons for example, but I guess they are a typical American thing.
Does anyone know if there's a way to buy them in Europe? Don't know if our Chinese friends offer something, but I probably wouldn't be interested in those, seeing their usual lack of quality control etc.

I’m not sure if someone in Europe sells them but Madsens in Centralia Wa sells them with their brand of jeans already modified to accept the inserts or you can modify jeans yourself as you say. I use carharts & put snaps in them. The snaps just take a tap to mate the front and back up. I don’t know if it is cost effective but I bet Madsens would ship to you.

Attachments

• BE504E01-307C-4FD5-993D-513D2A4E4E72.jpeg
    BE504E01-307C-4FD5-993D-513D2A4E4E72.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back