Does CAD have other side effects?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkebxjunke

*Politically Incorrect*
Reaction score
I was wondering ... does CAD have other symtoms/side effects.. like oh getting the shakes or drooling:drool: when the new baileys catalog comes in the mail? :bang: :bang: :bang:

Last edited:
Baileys is one of the sponsors .. I went to their site and got their catalog... so far I have spent over $200 there...better toss my CC's in the OWB when i get it.. LOL

$230 in in 7 days and 2 orders .. got my one order Saturday and mande another order Monday morning

I just bought a MS 441 on ebay its supposed to be here this week.. and yes i keep looking at the ms361's I have even started looking at the little arborist saws.... I drive down the road thinking 'now that looks like some good wood.. now how would i take it down?' or I look at a tree and try to figure how long it will last or how much is there or if I cut it here it would fall over there.... need I continue? Oh and I get wood pile envy when I look at other piles of firewood...

Yes, CAD has other grave manifestations, the most serious of which is EBAS-Empty Bank Account Syndrome.

I'm a chicken farmer... I am familiar with EBAS...
What does money look like? I keep hearing about the stuff but I havnt seen it in so long I am not sure what it looks like....:buttkick:

Funny you should mention this topic right now, last night my wife sat me down and asked me to get some help.
She came home from work to find me behind the shop sweating over my splitter. its mid 90's here, with a lot of humidity. After watching for a bit, she motioned for me to shut the splitter down so that she could talk to me.

"why in the world are you splitting wood now?Its 95 degrees here and you have a nice air conditioned shop to work in?"

"Well, I cant haul all this wood into the shop, besides, it would make an awful mess."
"What I mean is, why split wood now? Cant you wait until its cooler later this week?"

"Cauze when it cools down some more this week I am going to go get more wood, so I got to get this stuff out of the way and stacked up.Besides, Its kinda fun you know."

"Okay, enough is enough. We spend 150 bucks a month to air condition the shop, and every day I find you out on this :censored: woodpile. You need some help. Nobody, but nobody, trades a job in a cool shop for sweating on a woodpile if they are sane. Are you depressed? Are you unhappy with your life? Dont you love me anymore? After sweating in the sun all afternoon, you are too tired to pay any attention to me in the evenings. All you do is read all those stupid Baileys cataloges, you only get excited when you get a new flyer from that :censored: Northern tools, and all you talk about is getting that :censored: new chainsaw. As if you dont have enough chainsaws! Who needs five chainsaws? Nobody! Why cant you be like other husbands and chat with me in the evening, watch tv, and talk about an occasional sports team?"

"Cauze this here wood pile keeps us warm all winter for free, I have a lot of customers that pay us money to bring them wood in the winter, and I want a new Husky 3120 to take down bigger wood. My 372 will only draw a 30 inch bar with a skip tooth chain, and i need a bigger saw. I will try and pay you more attention in the evenings, but only if there arent any new cataloges in the mail. I gotta get the good deals right off before some other scallywag beats me to it."

She just doesnt understand I guess. I have an illness, and its not my fault. There are no meds to help me, only sawdust.:dizzy:

oh yes I forgot northern tool also....
maybe its time to get a canopy or a large umbrella.. it would keep some of the sun off ya.. I would set a large fan by my pile..but I don't have 220 out there...yet

Well a little off topic,,, but I just sold a saw,, no tears, no emotions!!!!
Maybe buy a flat of beer to celebrate being cured!!!:givebeer:
Withdrawl was painful, many hard decisions!!!
A few to sell yet!!

oh update... my 441 arrived today.. cant wait to put her to work.. she has some cosmetic battle scars cracked cover but easily replaced.

Does CAD Have Side Effects?? HaHa

Yes, Last Night I Dreamed My saw Was Putting out too Much Bar Oil "IN THE KITCHEN" and My wife was Mad cause I was getting oil on the floor.

True Story

Funny you should mention this topic right now, last night my wife sat me down and asked me to get some help.
She came home from work to find me behind the shop sweating over my splitter. its mid 90's here, with a lot of humidity. After watching for a bit, she motioned for me to shut the splitter down so that she could talk to me.

"why in the world are you splitting wood now?Its 95 degrees here and you have a nice air conditioned shop to work in?"

"Well, I cant haul all this wood into the shop, besides, it would make an awful mess."
"What I mean is, why split wood now? Cant you wait until its cooler later this week?"

"Cauze when it cools down some more this week I am going to go get more wood, so I got to get this stuff out of the way and stacked up.Besides, Its kinda fun you know." I"m efficient and planning ahead honey.

"Okay, enough is enough. We spend 150 bucks a month to air condition the shop, and every day I find you out on this :censored: woodpile.(savings account, just checking the balance honey) You need some help. Nobody, but nobody, trades a job in a cool shop for sweating on a woodpile if they are sane. Are you depressed?(yes, the pile is too small) Are you unhappy with your life?(well, the pile could be bigger) Dont you love me anymore?(of course I do, all this work to keep you warm enough to walk around in a teddy, honey)After sweating in the sun all afternoon, you are too tired to pay any attention to me in the evenings.( It keeps me looking good, and better than a gym) All you do is read all those stupid Baileys cataloges, you only get excited when you get a new flyer from that :censored: Northern tools,(would you rather I look at Victorias Secret?, honey?) and all you talk about is getting that :censored: new chainsaw. As if you dont have enough chainsaws! Who needs five chainsaws?Well, 12 is the average for CAD victims Nobody! Why cant you be like other husbands and chat with me in the evening, watch tv, and talk about an occasional sports team?"( the Huskies are playing the Stihls tonight, with the Dolmartos playing the winner next week)

"Cauze this here wood pile keeps us warm all winter for free, I have a lot of customers that pay us money to bring them wood in the winter, and I want a new Husky 3120 to take down bigger wood. My 372 will only draw a 30 inch bar with a skip tooth chain, and i need a bigger saw. I will try and pay you more attention in the evenings, but only if there arent any new cataloges in the mail. I gotta get the good deals right off before some other scallywag beats me to it."

She just doesnt understand I guess. I have an illness, and its not my fault. There are no meds to help me, only sawdust.:dizzy:

Just trying to help a fella out, :cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back