Does everyone have a blower on thier wood stove?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saginaw22

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a wood stove in my house. Its a Napolean can't rember the model number, but the wood stove doesn't have a blower with it.

I have lived in my house for three years and have used the wood stove all the winters. The house heats up very well even on the coldest of days and nights. The house is a 3 bed room ranch around 1450 sqft. decently insulated
I have been burning 1 yr seasoned Maple....sugar maple.
This year is a mix package ash maple beech mainly
It does get a little chilly in the morning when you go to be early and get up late. The wood stove has around a 8-10 hr burn time if its stoked down.

I have a major dust problem. I have to dust every freaking week and its just not a little dust, its a ton. Run your finger over a table and you can clearly see it.

Any ways what do you guys on here think about the blowers
Important or not?

Dust problems?
Yes or no...
Could it be something else?

Thanks

Blower for wood stove

We have a Fireplace with an insert and a Blower ( Silent Flame). Would not have it any other way. Far Better than all the open Fireplaces I grew up with. 4 to 5 times more heat all around our house. The fireplace is at one end of the house I have put in a 16" Duct to the other end it splits into the 2 Bed rooms. with a Fan in the middle it can heat that end of our house as well. I have an all Electric home and that Fireplace always gets a good workout on what cold nights we have here. I don't think the Dust is any more than than what the Dogs, Cats and Kids bring in.

my insert has a blower my stove does not.
I know what you mean by dust my furnace is forced hot air oil and if I don't run it I don't get to use the HEPA filter that is built in. I occasionally turn on the fan for the furnace to filter the air for a day.

Same hear

Blower on the insert none on the stove. The inserts have to have blowers to get the heat out of them because they sit inside the fireplace, if they didn't all the heat would go up the chimney. Try your stove without the blower on and see how it does just might need it on really cold days.

Thats what I said try your stove without the blower and see how it works might just need to use the blower on real cold days, also might have to run the stove a little hotter than you normally do to get more heat out of it

Let me get this pointed in the right direction
This is not a fire place!!!
Its a wood stove!
!!

OK, OK, OK. Mellow out. We get it. Don't yell,:censored: we're here to help.

1. Dust: it's life, get over it. Or, get a good housekeeper ( your choice).

2. Keep your fingers off the furniture, then, no dust.

3. Stoves do have a burn cycle; yours sounds fine and normal. You could try not sleeping so much :greenchainsaw: .

4. If the stove ( sorry: "Its a woods stove !!!!") heats well without a blower, why worry ? No one we know has one: it makes noise and breaks down and .......makes more dust.

Bill is in the mail.

I installed my stove around 3 years ago, it is a big Osburn, 2400 I think. I used it a while without a blower and then installed one. The difference is it gets the house up to temp faster. I heat a 2500 sq.ft. 2 story with an open floor plan. My wife and I both work and do not run the furnace. When it gets real cold the house takes a while to get up to temp when we get home. The blower helps a lot. I like mine, just my 2 cents....

I have a 1400 napoleon stove pedestal type on the milder days when burning low fire i genrally dont run a fan but during the cold months i run a fan behind blowing up enderneath to get evey little bit of heat out of it i can. I havent noticed alot of dust problems with mine but i do make sure the ash pan is clean when i put it back in. all in all i love my little napoleon stove
a>
I havent noticed it before but it likes i need to clean out the fins on the fan eck!!

I have a Wonder Wood made by the U.S. Stove Company, it has no blower and heats my 1500 sq. ft. house probably 95% of the time. As far as the dust, if your gonna burn wood your gonna have dust.
Tom

I have a 1400 napoleon stove pedestal type on the milder days when burning low fire i genrally dont run a fan but during the cold months i run a fan behind blowing up enderneath to get evey little bit of heat out of it i can. I havent noticed alot of dust problems with mine but i do make sure the ash pan is clean when i put it back in. all in all i love my little napoleon stove
a>
I havent noticed it before but it likes i need to clean out the fins on the fan eck!!

Is that the little Stanley squirrel cage fan? I like mine. Lots of air, not much noise. When the house is cold, I build a good fire in the stove and point the fan at it. Heats the house up faster than the furnace. When the house is warm I shut the fan off.

Is that the little Stanley squirrel cage fan? I like mine. Lots of air, not much noise. When the house is cold, I build a good fire in the stove and point the fan at it. Heats the house up faster than the furnace. When the house is warm I shut the fan off.

Yes that is the stanley fan great little fan and moves alot of air works great behind the stove mine has seen alot of abuse dropped a 2x4 on it a couple of years ago so now it makes a god awful noise on high speed but i genrally just run it on low on the stove

My Quad insert has a fan and it heats 3600sqft nicely.

Were not having any problems with dust and I cant think for the life of me why the stove would cause dust.

Yes that is the stanley fan great little fan and moves alot of air works great behind the stove mine has seen alot of abuse dropped a 2x4 on it a couple of years ago so now it makes a god awful noise on high speed but i genrally just run it on low on the stove

Yeah, I only run mine on low too. It's a good fan in the summer too because it's so quiet on low.

No fan on the stove. We had a fireplace with fan (Heatilator). Couldn't stand the noise and then I discovered how efficient the fireplace was at wasting wood. Installed wood stove with a 20" box fan hung from ceiling in the hallway leading to the bedrooms. Works great, heats both ends of the house (1,000 ft sq), low noise level on low speed (don't need to run it on any other speed. Advantage is that it is moving the hotest air down the hallway.

Harry K

Latest posts

Back