Does everyone have a blower on thier wood stove?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No blower for my stove, but I do use a couple small quiet doorway fans to help push the heat upstairs.

I will try to take some pics for everyone tonight......

I think it works fine with out a blower, but i do have a fan thats really
really close to the wood stove so i think that works very well
moving the air around........ I will take a few pics and show ya'll tomorrow

Stanley Blower

We have a Lakewood insert with a fan assembly located at the bottom below the log / ash ledge in the front of the unit. The motor died and I have not been able to get replacement parts. I removed the fan unit and put the Stanley blower into the opening. Works far better than the original equipment but does not look pretty. We heat an open concept 1400 sq ft for the most part and I leave the furnace motor in the ON position to circulate heat througout the house. Basement is still pretty cool in winter but we have a wood stove there too if needed.

You only get ashes / dust from a fireplace from a couple of things. First, if you burn the unti with the door open and do not open the damper completely you will get fly ash coming out as a result of the radiant heat. Secondly, if you have no outside air source to feed the fire then burning the stone will cause more drafts from all those nooks and crannies in all of our houses. This will suck in dust and certainly move it around. Dust is a fact of life when you burn wood.

Back