Does this include the truck to haul the wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Anyway, for what it is worth my dump truck is developing a problem.
How much noise is a 435 granny tranny allowed to make before it goes tits up?
It has been kinda loud, but this week granny low started making all kinds of whirr/buzz/pops but only under load.

Problem is that this is wood season. I really don't have the time to tear the truck apart. Nor do I really have the spare $$$. If it is already messed up, then I should probably see just how far it will go before complete failure, or January. Which ever comes first! :laugh: Then I can see if there is anything left to fix.

I was looking around and trying to figure out if I could replace the bearings, and have something that would work. Yanking it ain't so bad, as it is a divorced setup. Anyway..... :bowdown:

-Pat

Really it's a pretty bulit proof setup. I'd check the fluid and run it till she blows, while looking for a spare in the mean time of course.

I know this is apples to oranges..... but the six speed in my medium duty Freightliner started making noise. Mostly a good chattering on the highway. Then it got louder & louder.... thought sure tomorrow would be the day it came apart. That was 400 thousand miles ago. I sold the truck before it ever came apart..... far as i know, its still running.

Oh.... i did drain half the oil outta the tranny and topped it off with some lucas stuff for noisy gearboxes. Thick stuff..... almost more like grease than gear oil. It helped quiet it down.... for a little while.

I figure it would last

A buddy up here claims to have a rebuilt one for $200.... I will check it out.

My NP 435 isn't the same critter as a SM465 (I got one of those too).

At this point I am willing to let it make loud noises for awhile.

-Pat :deadhorse:

Latest posts

Back