Doesn't get much easier!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guswhit

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Call middle of the week from 2 farmers tearing out fence rows. I showed up, they told me to mark any trees I wanted and they would pluck them out and lay them on the ground, anything else was going into piles. Don't have to clean up any limbs, just take what I want and leave. Only condition, what is not gone by March 15th gets shoved into piles and burnt.

View attachment 276112View attachment 276113View attachment 276114View attachment 276115View attachment 276116View attachment 276112View attachment 276113View attachment 276114View attachment 276115View attachment 276116

Call middle of the week from 2 farmers tearing out fence rows. I showed up, they told me to mark any trees I wanted and they would pluck them out and lay them on the ground, anything else was going into piles. Don't have to clean up any limbs, just take what I want and leave. Only condition, what is not gone by March 15th gets shoved into piles and burnt.

View attachment 276112View attachment 276113View attachment 276114View attachment 276115View attachment 276116View attachment 276112View attachment 276113View attachment 276114View attachment 276115View attachment 276116

NICE! Git r dun!

Go have fun! Looks to be a mix up five gallons at a time, take 4 saws and plenty of sharp loops job! Mass easy production!

Heck, can you borrow a dump truck and a loader?

I am friends with pretty much all of the local farmers and have had situations similar to yours throughout the years. Gotta love it! Most time though, they don't let me know until they have 2-3 weeks left to get it out of there but then, I can't complain because they usually let me run their loaders and dump trucks.

I'd take all I could get, first, in the biggest chunks I could handle, just to get it off their land. There's plenty of time to process it after you have it in hand.

I'd take all I could get, first, in the biggest chunks I could handle, just to get it off their land. There's plenty of time to process it after you have it in hand.

And if he doesn't have room at home, see if the farmer has a spot that can be used.

Amazing what a motivated farmer will do in such situations. My current pending job when spring arrives is to remove all willows down a creek. He left a 20' swath of unworked farmland the full lenght for my access!! Not much of a find wither quality or amount but will keep me busy for awhile. Maybe 4 cord total. I'll have a buyer for that in the fall if it cures enogh.

Harry K

Looks like about 40-50 worth while trees, walnut, hedge and mulberry. Lots of those junk siberian elms. Might take some hackberry too if time allows. He called today and said if I would just bring my gooseneck trailer he would load them on for me from my drag out pile as time allows. It just gets better and better! Don't know what I did with the double picture post either, sorry about that.

Good deal on the loading offer. That will save you some time and effort.

Latest posts

Back