Dolly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a DR power cart last year. I found it for $200 on craigslist it needed carb work. I really like it a lot. It will pull a full load of wood up a ramp into the dump trailer. Last week I used it to gut a basement. We had to take all the drywall out of the back door and around the house. We would stack this thing with a lot of drywall and bungee strap it on. This cart has been very useful.

Scott

Grizzly.com has a good source of tires/wheels for hand trucks, they also sell the complete units. They are a huge tool warehouse operation, much like a Sam's Club or Costco for tools. They carry alot of import tools, usually a step up from harbor freights stuff and they carry name brands like DeWalt and Porter Cable as well. I've had excellent customer service on what I've bought there.

I bought a DR power cart last year. I found it for $200 on craigslist it needed carb work. I really like it a lot. It will pull a full load of wood up a ramp into the dump trailer. Last week I used it to gut a basement. We had to take all the drywall out of the back door and around the house. We would stack this thing with a lot of drywall and bungee strap it on. This cart has been very useful.

Scott
I was always curious about those things.

One time I came home and saw my neighbor with his snow plow on a pallet jack. He said he got a great deal on the jack, maybe a few hundred. He then told me has bought it to push his plow across the lawn into the shed. I went inside.

This was the same guy who asked me where the other tank was on his pick up. I was able to help him there.

I used to hook a log cart to the back of a little toyota truck, a riding mower would work.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Harbor Freight hand trucks are junk... they look solid however the wheels on them bend easily... not the axle but the rim part itself.

Like the homebilt idea... but arent they on a heavy side??

the best

Forget about Northern Tool's hand truck, someone else said about it bending soon, same happened to me with a chunk of hickory. Granted it was a 400 lb. piece of hickory, but the rating was at 7-800. The store clerk had warned me that the tires were not rated as high as the axle was, but added that if it didn't handle the weight to bring it back.

I guess I might buy a replacement wheel from them, tho.

Did someone say amleonard (amleo.com)? Go there and pay less for their log cart WITH SHIPPING than the starting price of Sherrill's. I have the Sherrill version, and it kicks azz. But the amleo one is cheaper and kicks just as much azz.

And forget harbor freight, that stuff is junk for homeowners. Professionals should have professional tools. They cost more but they last longer. No reason to short yourself.

Home-made, used, rebuilt...No home depot, no lowes, no ace, no walmart...China is not the economy I would like to support.

we foam fill our tires, on a small stuff like that, no flats, im not sure if it helps or hurts the wheels, rolls real nice and still has the cushy feel, makes it a little heavier though, but im sure it helps with the weight, seems the wheel issues start when ya start squatting a tire due to the weight

I've actually just designed a compact Arborist trolley for logs and brush, to be launched at a trade-show here in the UK next week: http://www.apfexhibition.co.uk/

Doubt it'll ever make it to the U.S but I'll put the video on the thread when I upload it at weekend, might be of interest in some way.

here is the best dolly!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5JN3IK61x_I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5JN3IK61x_I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I hardly ever post over here on AS, but still check in every now and then.

I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase the very first RC Stein Arbor-Trolley here in the US and boy has it made a difference in how quick we can clean up the brush and logs on our jobs...not to mention the savings to your back and body.

It's defenitely worth the investment, IMO.

I'm really sold on those Steiners :msp_thumbup:

Everything Stein is fine by me. Genius made tools......yeah, I'm sold. Reg is a real decent guy too. He's just like Steve Jobs ;) Maybe so, but really those tools are from the tree guys with a 'full deck of solutions.'

I hardly ever post over here on AS, but still check in every now and then.

I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase the very first RC Stein Arbor-Trolley here in the US and boy has it made a difference in how quick we can clean up the brush and logs on our jobs...not to mention the savings to your back and body.

It's defenitely worth the investment, IMO.

Good to hear I was wondering about those things.

Right now I am using a hand truck with 1k pound cap. that I bought at Farm and Fleet for $115 it has nice 6" wide pneumatic tires so far it has paid for itself. I am always looking for a better mouse trap.

We would love to see it Reg

No problem. This is quite an old thread now. I made a short video just before the product hit the market and sales and feedback have been pretty good. I was however surprised not to be flooded with offers to do voice-overs for TV after the video came out!

Stein arbor-trolley - YouTube

Bare in mind that the trolley in the video was just a prototype and not nearly as refined as the one on the market.
See attachment

No problem. This is quite an old thread now. I made a short video just before the product hit the market and sales and feedback have been pretty good. I was however surprised not to be flooded with offers to do voice-overs for TV after the video came out!

Stein arbor-trolley - YouTube

Bare in mind that the trolley in the video was just a prototype and not nearly as refined as the one on the market.
See attachment

I like it ,except for the shape of the handle.Looks like a real shinn kicker[ouch].
You can see the guy making small steps to avoid the bump to the leg.
A little wider tires would be nice too.
Great idea though.:clap:

Latest posts

Back