dolmar 114 no spark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl05

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just boght a couple of saws at the local flea market. One is a very clean dolmar 114 the guy said he hadn't ran in a couple of years. I gave 20 dollars for the saw. When I got home and put fuel in it, it had no spark. I pulled the covers and fly wheel off thinking maybe the points needed to be cleaned, but it doesn't have points. I wondered if there is any way to test the electronic ignition and the coil assembly ? I did a search here and read that a part off a 6000 or 6800 is an upgrade, but wasn't sure if it was the coil or the part under the fly wheel. Also is this something I can get at the local dealer or is it after market?

yes the ign coil from a PS6000, PS6800, 116si or 120si will fit the part # is 030143041 price is $64.70 new + S&H. Where in NY are you im a hour north of Albany. The coil is the external you can remove the old trigger from under the flywheel or leave it in from the previous ign system

Scott

Latest posts

Back