Dolmar 133... really 10HP??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawGarage

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
That's a different kind of HP rating, go by the KW x 1.34 == hp. Steve

So just a hair over 6hp... (course, I'm sure there's a coupla mods we could do to help that go up a bit...lol)

its a german? calculation, so the true hp is lower but its still an awesome saw , and since most people dont even know of dolmar tell them its 10 hp!

LOL...stealth '10HP!! :jawdrop: '

I suppose it could be 10BHP if you found the right kind of fuel.

Well, from Mike's site:

FUEL OIL RATIO: 40:1

RECOMMENDED FUEL OCTANE: regular grade 72-83.

Hmm so using 87-90 means I could give it a compression bump...hmmm :greenchainsaw:

Picked up 1 7/8ths saw(s) yesterday...

I got 2 133's... One running saw, one saw in a crate with a box of parts...everything seems there though..just needs a bit of work (patch/weld) to the fuel tank...seeps a bit...:clap::clap:

The saw now sure has a butt-load of compression. I didn't really get a chance to cut with it yet...( i bought it will a REAL CRAPPY dull chain...)

someday i'll clean out a few things in the workshop and focus on this saw. Probably sooner than later though...looks fun. :)

So, the HP ratings we see on every other MNF is not a SAE measurement??

Thanks guys.

Jay

A friend of mine just picked up a 133 and I don't think I 've ever started a saw that pulled over any harder. We did a comp test and it read about 175 psi but felt like 250 on the cord.!!!! I don't know why, maybe the starter pully is a bit smaller than it should be reducing your leverage point. The thing runs super and sounds great. The guy he got it from hated it and never used it. It broke his leg once (kicked a piece of firewood back out of the pile) and would start backwards frequently and didn't want to start at all when it was cold out. Not to handy as we like to do most of our wooding in the winter up here when the ground is frozen.

The guy just shook his head when Mike bought it from him ($60.00 with a 20" bar and three chains) and laughed and said "Good luck with that!!":cheers:

A friend of mine just picked up a 133 and ....

The guy just shook his head when Mike bought it from him ($60.00 with a 20" bar and three chains) and laughed and said "Good luck with that!!":cheers:

Wow...that's a smokin deal...i paid a bit more ;-(

lol

I used to fell with a 120 Super back in the 80's. I believe at the time my main saw was a 630 Jonsereds. A world of difference between the 2. The Jon was willowy, lighter and good AV. The 120 was solid,torquier than all get out and the Av was....well left a lot to be desired. After sawing with the 120 all day my hands had beer grip! My current 120 has 2 rubber buffers completely out and the other 3 need replaced. The 133 is a torque monster and a shelf warmer. It doesn't get out very often. Got the rakers way down and a little hook on the chain.:chainsaw:

A friend of mine just picked up a 133 and I don't think I 've ever started a saw that pulled over any harder. We did a comp test and it read about 175 psi but felt like 250 on the cord.!!!! I don't know why, maybe the starter pully is a bit smaller than it should be reducing your leverage point. The thing runs super and sounds great. The guy he got it from hated it and never used it. It broke his leg once (kicked a piece of firewood back out of the pile) and would start backwards frequently and didn't want to start at all when it was cold out. Not to handy as we like to do most of our wooding in the winter up here when the ground is frozen.

Something funky going on with that one.New owner got a good deal if he
ironed it out.

Think the 133 a great little saw not the zip/ newness of a 7900 or 046 but it's up there.....modded would have to run close to stock. certainly a tad better torque.Have compared. .02

Something funky going on with that one.New owner got a good deal if he
ironed it out.

Think the 133 a great little saw not the zip/ newness of a 7900 or 046 but it's up there.....modded would have to run close to stock. certainly a tad better torque.Have compared. .02

I'm not a Dolmar guy but the brother of the guy that sold it to my friend is the trained Dolmar tech at the local Dolmar dealer and the saw was bought new there with a pair of 120s that they all loved and still use but they all hated that 133. It is not a Super but a reg 133. Still a good deal. I took the muffler off and P&C was perfect. You could still see the machine marks in the piston skirts. But what a bear to pull over!! Starts fairly quickly but just pulls over TDC real hard. You have to be real committed. But I guess that's true with any 85cc twin ring saw without decomp.:cheers:

Hmm...thank you...

Now I feel like I have two piles of trash in the workshop....lol (I know I don't but... I like BETTER (Such as having the super over a std 133.. stuff...)

I didn't even really get a good bar or chain out of the two saws...booo....

although the guy I bought them from has offered me a few more saws for what seems like a good price, so maybe that will make up for it....:)

J

Going to try to revive this thread. Have a chance for a 133 super. Newer 24" bar for $150. Guy says it's running as it should. Can this still be an occasional firewood saw and for taking down large trees?

Speak freely please and thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

While they are very good 85 cc saws, parts are becoming difficult to source so you would want to take good care of it. They are a bit heavy as well.

In my experience/opinion, they have a bit more torque but less chain speed than a McCulloch Pro Mac 850.

Mark
The biggest saw I have right now is a homelite 360 57cc like new condition. I have a husky 346xp as well. That's what I have to compare with.

I'm considering the 133 super or husky 261. I know they are not in the same class but I have both available for reasonable prices. A husky 61 as well. Thoughts? Most I'm cutting is 24" and down. Biggest I might need to cut would be 36"

Going to try to revive this thread. Have a chance for a 133 super. Newer 24" bar for $150. Guy says it's running as it should. Can this still be an occasional firewood saw and for taking down large trees?

Speak freely please and thanks!

I'd get it. They are strong saws, but like Mark says they are heavy and parts are getting harder to find. I'd check the piston condition and let it run for 5-10 minutes to make sure the coil isn't bad before you buy it.

261 a great saw...nearly a 262xp. 61 also a great saw. I'm a Dolmar fan for sure, but parts can be frustrating...they are out there, but if you have OCD like me, the wait can be tormenting! Lol

Back