Dolmar 3410 Vids For Zombiechopper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rms61moparman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know I've been promising these for a while but here they finally are.

Dolmar 3410 - Showroom stock- no muff mod, nothing.
3/8ths Low pro safety chain.
Running Klotz R-50 in 87 octane pump gas.
Hard dead sugar maple

First the stuff it was designed for;

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2sytgm739IM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2sytgm739IM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Now a little bigger;

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3-uqeNAX5-s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3-uqeNAX5-s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

So there you have it.
It might not be quite as fast as some but it is a good saw for the $$$ and light as a feather.

Mike

Looks awesome Mike! That's how I hoped it would run! Looks like its hotter than a 192T but less power than a 200T or 338XPT.

Toolless tensioner is ugly. Other than that she's a looker for sure.

Looks awesome Mike! That's how I hoped it would run! Looks like its hotter than a 192T but less power than a 200T or 338XPT.

Ya, I saw that, why did they go that route with the tensioner?? The first ones were not like that. No pro is going to want to buy that saw seeing that!!!!! UUUUUGGGGGGGG.

Thats an awesome little saw. Wood looks a little rotted but still pretty mean for a top handle.

No rot in that wood!
Starting to spalt but still hard as a brickbat

Looks real good. Get rid of that lame safety chain.

It'll wear out one of these days and get replaced!

It's $200.00 cheaper than those too!

I don't care for the tool-less tensioner and prefer my other saw without it, but I must say it's without question the best working one I've seen.

Mike

You can get them with or without the tool-less tensioner.

No rot in that wood!

I don't care for the tool-less tensioner and prefer my other saw without it, but I must say it's without question the best working one I've seen.

Mike

Cool, good to hear. I'd get it without, that lame tensioner, and tell them to keep that chain. I was seconds away from buying one of those, then I just bit the bullet and went with a 200T.

I'm pretty sure they are available without the tensioner as well. At least the website and ipl show them that way

I have been lucky enough to acquire the 3410 in the videos above.
(I borrowed this one from a friend to make those vids because it was still stock)

I did a little tweaking on it last night after work and I am really impressed with the results.
I have a video uploading now and will post it as soon as it gets done.

The first videos are in maple and that stick is long since gone so I went out back and retreived the hackberry limb that I am cutting in the next vid this a.m.
I trimmed it from a fencerow tree this spring and it is dry and HARD.
It is considerably bigger and of course, being hackberry CONSIDERABLY harder than the maple but you can at least see how well these respond to simple mods.
I have NOT been inside the engine on this saw!
There has been no port work done, no cylinder lowering etc.
These are all external mods that took less than an hour.

Mike

Here's the video.
Sorry about the darkness, it's been overcast here all day.

XJFK0oD49Nw

Mike

Stop this NOW !!

What are you doing Mike ??
everyone knows dolmars blow up and burn down !!
showing them in a good light will not help those of us that want to aquire more of them ... when you make them look good the demand goes up and the price goes up !!
consider this a warning on your Dolly gang membership :)

No rot in that wood!

Mike

You are right Mike there is NO rot in that wood that stuff is as hard as rock. I also like the idea of a tool-less tensioner especially if it works as good as the Dolmar design.

Holy Wombat Poop Mike!

Lookin good. And to think that is with the slowest cutting safety chain money can buy!

Muffler opened and what else?

Holy Wombat Poop Mike!

Lookin good. And to think that is with the slowest cutting safety chain money can buy!

Muffler opened and what else?

I would really love to tell you but a professional saw modder gave me the tips as a gift and out of respect to him I just can't!
I hope you understand.

Mike

Looks good Mike, just might end up being my next top handle. What is the price of a new one?

Latest posts

Back