Dolmar 421problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4: Ingested a speck of something
5: Random ****
Things happen above 12k. In a case like this I always question my actions first.

Your dealer has no skills, or is lazy. This is obvious.

Or, there's some story missing. It sounds like you're on the path to getting back up and running. Bummer it's not looking like you're going to get the free brand new saw it sounds like you desire.
Do you repair saws?
I wouldn't consider it a free brand new saw. I did pay for a brand new saw a year ago and now through no fault of my own I have a dealer reconditioned saw.If as you say my dealer has no skills you can understand my concern.

Do you repair saws?
I wouldn't consider it a free brand new saw. I did pay for a brand new saw a year ago and now through no fault of my own I have a dealer reconditioned saw.If as you say my dealer has no skills you can understand my concern.
If repaired properly you will have a saw in better working order then before you realized there was a problem. That is fair. Hopefully he takes his time and is making sure everything is in order. I doubt he wants to have you come back with any issues.

If repaired properly is the key. I hope you're right I'm really tired of dealing with this. I just wish it would've been handled properly to begin with. I find it odd that a leak test in February showed no air leak and the same test at the end of March shows there is??????

The real bummer here is I REALLY enjoy being in the woods and cutting firewood! This has kinda put a damper on my fun. Nothing like chips flying and the wood pile growing . Hopefully back to that soon!!!

Nope ! I was just about to say , on a positive note this ordeal has lead me to a new dealer and a new 5105 , which I really like. Both of which occurred as a result of this. I think the 5105 might be better suited to my needs really. So there is a positive side to this story!!

If repaired properly is the key. I hope you're right I'm really tired of dealing with this. I just wish it would've been handled properly to begin with. I find it odd that a leak test in February showed no air leak and the same test at the end of March shows there is??????
Ask the de
Nope ! I was just about to say , on a positive note this ordeal has lead me to a new dealer and a new 5105 , which I really like. Both of which occurred as a result of this. I think the 5105 might be better suited to my needs really. So there is a positive side to this story!!
cant wait til you get your saw back!!!

I'd run a tank through that saw when you get it back and make sure the bar stays buried until empty. Re-fuel and do it again. If it runs perfect after that I'd say he fixed it right. Nothing worse than trying it out, thinking it's ok and 6 months from now put it to work and find out it has a problem again.

Day 38 dealer emailed me around noon said they had run my saw for about 45 min. today and it"seemed ok" he volunteered to test again tomorrow if I wanted them to. I told him it was his call to do whatever he thinks is right and to let me know . I didn't hear back so I assume he's going to test again tomorrow. I plan on picking it up tomorrow unless he tells me it's not fixed. I didn't have time to go there today anyway . 84 miles round trip!

Hopefully its good to go for you.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Did the dealer recheck for pressure / vac after repair?

How would you know if it leaked or not after the repair ? Other than the lean symptoms. I'm not questioning the fix just want to know the procedure. Do you perform another leak test after the fix to confirm or just run it and see what happens?

After you fix an air leak you re block intake and exhaust port and hook up to mighty vac pressure vac tester to confirm that leak was fixed.

Well I picked up the saw yesterday. Didn't have time to run it then. Just went out and cleaned it up put in fresh fuel topped off the bar oil. The dealer said they had run the saw for 45 min. there was a couple pieces of punky looking wood about 8" across and maybe 40 cookies laying there. I tried to cut a piece of dry ash about 12" across and the saw will not cut as soon as it hits the wood it bogs to the point the chain stops I have to get it out of the wood to get the rpms back up !!!! Seems WAY rich!!!! The dealer said he hadn't turned in any bill to Makita yet as he wanted to make sure it was fixed. I asked if he would take it in on trade for a new one and he said " no you better keep it and make sure it's fixed". WTF!!!! This really pisses me off!!!!!

Latest posts

Back