Stihl 661 mtronic wont idle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another update to this thread . Turns out it wasn't the solenoid. Took it to another stihl shop out of town and they solved the case. it was the flyside seal , also poor earth contact .

I'm pretty happy with how they diagnosed the problems compared to the other shop that didn't seem to want to know!

Another update to this thread . Turns out it wasn't the solenoid. Took it to another stihl shop out of town and they cracked the case. it was the flyside seal , also poor earth contact .

I'm pretty happy with how they diagnosed the problems compared to the other shop that didn't seem to want to know!
Wow, interesting. Pricy fix?

Wow, interesting. Pricy fix?
Yea it was , they said it took them abit to try figure out why it wouldnt start. I was at my wits end with the saw , problem after problem .

Next week I'm gonna break it in on 25 " bluegum , no farting round cutting twigs lol .

Its stock at the moment so It'll be interesting to see how it compares to my 660 muffler mod and max flow

Latest posts

Back