Dolmar 5100 Deal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrichard81

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
First off, thanks for everyone who regularly posts here. I have been just reading threads here for the past 3 or so months and still have a ton more left to read. After weighing all the options (ie price/weight/power/...) I decided on a Dolmar 5100. Finding a dealer that stocked them proved to be a bit of a hassle, but I found one near my parents place in South Carolina. They gave me, I dare say, a crazy deal $270 out the door with 6 things of 2 stroke oil, 18" bar with the .325 chain (I went with this setup since my old man has a husqvarna 350 with the same setup). Definitely excited to put it to wood and see how it runs. I will post pics this evening. Once again, thanks to everyone for all of the posts and the wealth of information I found on the site.

Good luck

A good deal on a good saw. Now that's gotta make you happy. Don't forget the pictures.

Sounds like a great price, if it is indeed a 5100S and not a 510, often mistaken by dealers that don't what they are selling. I had a dealer do this exact same thing to me, super low price, wrong saw, lame excuse, "they're basically the same saw", yeah right! Hope it works out for you.

Scott

First off, thanks for everyone who regularly posts here. I have been just reading threads here for the past 3 or so months and still have a ton more left to read. After weighing all the options (ie price/weight/power/...) I decided on a Dolmar 5100. Finding a dealer that stocked them proved to be a bit of a hassle, but I found one near my parents place in South Carolina. They gave me, I dare say, a crazy deal $270 out the door with 6 things of 2 stroke oil, 18" bar with the .325 chain (I went with this setup since my old man has a husqvarna 350 with the same setup). Definitely excited to put it to wood and see how it runs. I will post pics this evening. Once again, thanks to everyone for all of the posts and the wealth of information I found on the site.

Are you sure it isn't a 510?

...or maybe the dealer don't know the difference......:dizzy:

Pics

Figured out how to do inline pics instead of opening up a new window. I don't really know why they gave me the deal they did, I don't really know them and have never done business with them. They have been around about 30 years but just recently started with dolmar.
picture.php

picture.php

My guess is they didn't realize what they sold you for 270 USD.......:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

It is not the first time such things happens with :monkey: dealers - the last one was a MS361 at MS290 price, think it was at Tractor supply "dealer", that didn't usually stock any pro saws.

Last edited:
My guess is they didn't realize what they sold you for 270 USD.......:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

It is not the first time such things happens with :monkey: dealers - the last one was a MS361 at MS290 price, think it was at Tractor supply "dealer", that didn't usually stock any pro saws.

I can't disagree with this, but they have been selling Dolmars for at least a year, so I would think they would know the difference. But, as stated, weirder things have happened. Either way, I am definitely not complaining.

I think the dealer might catch on if they get 100 orders via the internet or phone...But...:monkey:

You'll Love the Saw

I have only had mine for a month but the chips have been flying round the place. You will love the saw. I do at least.

Back