Dolmar 5100, Husky 346, Stihl ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad to say, your 026, even without the muff mod, would whoop my 2153, no questions asked.

However, once I actually GET my 2153, now then... :D

(They're not available yet...)

Woodie...you'll have hemorrhoids before you ever getting around to getting a 2153. The sad part is; the hemorroids is the better part of this deal! Better pass when they finally come-up for sale! :buttkick:

The saw I need is from this point on. I realized very quickly that the 9010 is no limbing saw. I need a saw that will handle the 5 to 10 inch stuff quick. So I naturally have looked at the 5100, and the 346 which my dealer carries both brands. He however has not been impressed with the 346's because of melted pistons. ....

Somehow, I suspect that he was referring to the old 45cc 346xp, not the NE 50cc one - totally different animal.

Pick up the 5100 and the NE346xp with the bar that you are going to use (16" hopefully :) ), and take the one that feels best to you.

My opinion is that the Husky handles better as a limbing saw, but at the cost of an outboard clutch (doesn't really matter on a limbing saw anyway).

Last edited:
The reason i posted this is because I am looking to fill a gap between my Poulan Micro 25 and my new Dolmar 9010............

............O, my local Husky/Dolmar also said he was very impressed with Stihl's new 361.

Well there's you answer then..... MS361 it is. :cheers:

Sounds like the perfect gap filler to me. :clap:

Just dumped my 290 on ebay and picked up a brand new 5100. Dealer on EBAY is selling them for $339 with 18" bar and only 17$ for shipping. Sounded good to me.

Going to mod the muffler this weekend.

I would really appreciate it if you guys please forward some closeups of your modded 5100 mufflers?

Tanks

Latest posts

Back