Dolmar 5100S 20" test by logging crew

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L-Enterprises said:
Never a "DULL" moment on Ontario !

What are you saying L-Ent. that this is the only good thing to come out of Nova Scotia?
neveradullmoment.gif

How about this then, the whole extended family!
Onlygoodnovascotian.jpg

:D

Stihl Crazy said:
Hey Jokers, just found an interesting definition in a new "American" dictionary.

manly man; any chainsaw operator who cannot file,
any person who would rather use his back instead of his brain,
a woodsman that values horsepower over skill.

there was one more definition that caught my eye

Jokers; all of the above.

bye for now, Art the whimpy Nova Scotian

:laugh: :laugh:

I guess that you have my number!

timistall said:
NO, but your next question would have been....Tim, do you have a 5100?
Your painting the bridge was stupid. Helloooo, it was a test. 50cc cutting twice the length of it's bar is common. Quit being a jerk.
Ya Russ, I'm with Timistall.
Are you one of those agitator types??
John
RockMechanic.jpg

John...you were not suppose to show your fanclub that you can cut "three times your bar length" Now the secret is out.

Not out of the box but I am sure some young business tycoon is fast working on the first set right now to be sold in the aftermarket.

Yea but if you put those long a** felling dawgs you will need a 24" bar....and maybe skip chain lol what the heck I might have to cut some square chisel also..
I need to correct myself on the origanal post the oak actually measured 32" as told by the operator and not his boss.

SCOTT

Stihl Crazy said:
Can't take it any longer, the # 1 saw used by logging crews here for timber up to 30" is the 346. Other crews use 260 stihl, 5000 Redmax. The biggest tree I cut this year was a 42" white spruce with a 260. Local dealers do not stock saws over 60cc, nobody wants them. Bars over 16" are special order also.
That is pretty close to the situation over here in Norway, except the Redmax part of it.
13 to 15" bar is standard on most saws.

My Husky dealer got a funny look on his face when I asked for a 15" bar for the 353........

Latest posts

Back