• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Dolmar 5100s... Maybe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm, I'm on a smartphone and I could tell he was somewhere in Mass just by clicking on his username and noting that the first two numbers of his zip code are "01". Local enough for me, hehe! Now, I'm using Chrome for this forum, so I'm not sure how things look if you're using Tapatalk. It is understandably difficult to sell a saw here. These guys know what they are looking at, and the things they can't see in pictures are the most important. That is why a member needs to be trusted before making such an important purchase. I'm right there with you, woodchuck. That's why I haven't tried to sell anything on here yet. I'm still trying to build up my "street cred"!
I was on my laptop and just clicked on the zip code and the map came up, I did figure it was east coast when I saw the zip, just not sure where.
What kind of things are you thinking, you can always ask the seller for more pictures or questions that would help resolve your concerns.
I do much of this through PM's, and I normally leave my phone number if they haven't been around long. There is always some risk in doing a long distance transaction, but most of our questions about the person/who they are can be cleared up quickly with a phone call, and the same with the saw. If I don't feel good about the person I typically won't buy the saw.
From what I can see already 944E seems pretty open to fielding any questions and doing all he can to take care of any doubts. Communication is the key in most transactions.
I would have no problem buying a saw from you or @MS460WOODCHUCK , I've bought saws from guys with only one post on a few occasions as well as sold saws to members with only one post.
You, sir, have a fantastic problem.
Yes 1st world problems. I saw a large RV broke down on the expressway the other day, it had a hydraulic lift on the back with a Honda goldwing trike on it and a very nice built jeep in tow, I said to my wife I sure hope the generator is working for the AC lol. My problem is like that, but different :).

chipper1,

Many times, guys like to see a picture of the p&c and a compression reading, no matter the vintage of the saw. I'm where you are on this one: great saw, but I simply cannot justify another 50cc range saw, at least not for that price. Budget is always my limiting factor. I'm not saying this saw isn't worth the asking price. I believe it is worth every penny. I appreciate you being willing to buy from me. I think my problem is that I'm not so willing to sell! Yeah, that A/C is really a 1st world problem! I would want it working for sure!

Umm, I'm on a smartphone and I could tell he was somewhere in Mass just by clicking on his username and noting that the first two numbers of his zip code are "01". Local enough for me, hehe! Now, I'm using Chrome for this forum, so I'm not sure how things look if you're using Tapatalk. It is understandably difficult to sell a saw here. These guys know what they are looking at, and the things they can't see in pictures are the most important. That is why a member needs to be trusted before making such an important purchase. I'm right there with you, woodchuck. That's why I haven't tried to sell anything on here yet. I'm still trying to build up my "street cred"!

Plainfield is almost as far away in CT as you could get from me hahaha. But I work in Springfield if you want me to bring it to work one day you're more than welcome to have a look [and give your report to the forums for me :) ]. And I'm actually taking the kids to Misquamicut (spelling?) tomorrow, too, if you're in the area. Although my wife would probably kill me for suggesting I bring a chainsaw with us on a beach day hahaha

944equipment,

Actually, I think I will be working in Stonington tomorrow, which would be close to Misquamicut (Google says you spelled it correctly!), but truly the furthest from you in CT as possible! Don't worry about the wife's opinion about you bringing a saw anywhere. Here's what you do: leave behind one of the kids and strap the saw into the seat instead! Less complaining, to boot! Hey, I'm having fun with this thread, too!

Hahaha - sometimes (often) I wish I could leave the tween behind :p
But seriously, if you wanted to look at it, I would totally try to convince the wife to throw it in the car with us. But let me know soon so I can work on her for a good 24 hours hahaha

944equipment,

I certainly don't want to lead you on. This looks like a great saw for a fair price and it deserves a good home, but as I said above, I just can't do it right now.

Let's go boys! Step right up and get your hands on this fine piece of machinery!

Back