Dolmar 7900.....Best saw ever made???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the 7900 the best saw ever made??

• Yep.

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Nope.

Votes: 43 49.4%
  • Let's not forget about the 681.

Votes: 11 12.6%

• Total voters
Now you all know I love my 7900's but thought I'd post a piccy of a saw I think is right there too (390XP) - pity the filtration won't match the HD kitted 7900's :(
+ new 36" bar...

(by the way, the missus was away so unless somebody here squeals like a pig she'll never know I took a photo of a chainsaw on the ironing table!)

390XP36inch.jpg

Nice Husky, I have gained an appreciation for the orange. I lost track of what the Huskies were that I ran last week, can't remember what they were, but a couple of them sang a good song. Burvol's ran particularly well, I'm guessin' his was 80cc.

Creative use of props, 8/10 :laugh:

Note the newspaper under the saw though Rick? That's right, I like my testicles right where they are :D
Also note how even with a 36" bar it holds the nose up - only just though. It's teetering right on the edge.

By the way those new Carlton branded Oregon Power Match Plus bars are very nice bars - can't say I like the black though however unlike some I don't class chainsaw colour coordination as my highest priority when felling trees ;)

Last edited:
I dont know about the 7900 but all the hype with the 361 its real hard to know who really knows what there talking about..361 is a great firewood saw but not what I want to carry all day long..."Has anyone ran the 7900 vs a ported 460 I am sure someone has"?

Fellers, we already determined the 044/440 was the best saw ever made.:p

:D:D
You must have some very good drugs,they are clouding your mind and making you have hallucinations and your not thinking right.You need to get a 7900 in your hands and all will be right.Sell your 440/044's now and run out and get a 7900,it's the only way to cure your yourself.I sold mine and got a 7900 and I feel great now and have a much better outlook on life:givebeer:

I dont know about the 7900 but all the hype with the 361 its real hard to know who really knows what there talking about..361 is a great firewood saw but not what I want to carry all day long..."Has anyone ran the 7900 vs a ported 460 I am sure someone has"?

I've ran both stock and ported. Obviously a ported 460 will be stronger than a stock 7900, by how much I can't say with any real confidence, but I don't think it's by much. Stock VS stock or ported VS ported the 7900 comes out on top. The guy behind the grinder makes all the difference in the word when it comes to ported 7900's.

Cool this is my 3,000 post.:clap:

Last edited:
Yeah that's pretty Matt.

I hope you don't mean the fabric pattern on the ironing board mate? ;)

Those dogs will help it sit better.

How ya finding them?

Yeah they are great Al. Same as what I had on the 390XPG till I fitted those monster femoral artery puncturing spikes. The pictured spikes work very well - still yet to be convinced that those monster spikes are the go :confused: The future holds punctured fuel tanks and holed oil containers in the back of the ute from those things I'm sure. One good thing is they stick into the rubber mat in the tray that well I don't think that saw will ever shift :cheers:

Cool this is my 3,000 post.:clap:

YAY YOU :cheers:

Back