Dolmar CA 113

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Islander23

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello.

Recenlty i bought a Dolmar CA 113 and one thing i noticed right away is how tight the engine is. I mean, i tried to rotate the engine from flywheel and it was hard to do so... Though the saw is in excellent condition, and its obvious that has not lots of hours on, though very old, the fact that it had not worked for the last 25 years or so, as the previous owner told me, made me think if something is stuck inside. So, i took the cylinder off, and everything is like new, and im not exaggerating. I used alot of WD40 on the crankshaft bearings and still, when i rotate the crankshaft is tight as before, so i wanna ask anyone with knowledge of that chainsaw, if this is something normal or not? Also, has anyone a spare clutch to sell for that saw?

Thanks.

Sounds like one of the bearings is corroded. Crank or rod bearings.

The correct thing to do is disassemble the saw and inspect bearings. The other approach may to be fill the case with the fluid of your choice, and let it sit for a week or two. Maybe, ATF/Diesel blend, MMO, maybe ?????

Roy

As i said, i removed the cylinder and everything looks ok, so rod bearings is not the case, more likely crank bearings but even so, from the inside of the cylinder they look ok, at least the one from clutch side. I havent thought what you suggested with the use of fluid and i will try it! Btw, whats so special about ATF? What if i use some other oil instead?
Thanks for your reply.

Latest posts

Back