Dolmar Chainaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
three points:

1) some people are busting your chops. we all know what dolmar is around here.

2) you're awfully nice for letting your cousin replace a nearly 80cc professional grade saw with a decent 50cc consumer grade saw. the 510 is, imho, one of the best values on the market for a non-professional user, but it is not even in the same ballpark as the 7900.

3) can we not use a less hurtful descriptor than "retard" ? seriously. there are people on her with mentally challenged children and i dont think they really appreciate that sort of comment. Call him a jackass or a dumbass, but lets keep that word out of things, k? (although i suppose there is a sort of dark irony in calling someone "retarded" and spelling it wrong).

This is one of the many reasons I love this site. All this and chainsaws TOO!:rockn:

three points:

3) can we not use a less hurtful descriptor than "retard" ? seriously. there are people on her with mentally challenged children and i dont think they really appreciate that sort of comment. Call him a jackass or a dumbass, but lets keep that word out of things, k? (although i suppose there is a sort of dark irony in calling someone "retarded" and spelling it wrong).

I agree.. I have a mentally handicapped 17 month old son!!!

Love my Dolmars, Great saws for the money. The more I run them, the more I love them. I used to only own stihl and husqvarna saws, but after running a 7900 the dolmars have slowly taken over my fleet.

That saw moved on to a member in NC. I've got some videos of one of them on my youtube too.

009-2.jpg

This one was sold on ebay too.

007-3.jpg

That's it... Turning computer off... Otherwise I'll have to explain to the wife how I just "HAD" to drop another 8 benjamins on a saw to "complete" my stable!!! You're a bad man mdavlee... I'll bet it's had it's muffler modded too...:drool:

three points:

1) some people are busting your chops. we all know what dolmar is around here.

2) you're awfully nice for letting your cousin replace a nearly 80cc professional grade saw with a decent 50cc consumer grade saw. the 510 is, imho, one of the best values on the market for a non-professional user, but it is not even in the same ballpark as the 7900.

Ok i asked for everyones opinion not them to pick apart my comments Also sorry didnt mean to offend you on the retard thing, the last thing is actually hes buying me a new 7900 i bought the 510 for a limbing saw
Every thing straightened out now?

Last edited:
So Mitch, if your cousin is buying you a new 7900 what are your plans for the old 7900? Just kidding, my wife would kill me if I bought a saw right now. If I were you, Id let him buy me a new one and then fix my old one and have two Big Beasts Im sure they sell a p&c kit some where.

So Mitch, if your cousin is buying you a new 7900 what are your plans for the old 7900? Just kidding, my wife would kill me if I bought a saw right now. If I were you, Id let him buy me a new one and then fix my old one and have two Big Beasts Im sure they sell a p&c kit some where.

They do. Baileys online. 84 cc bb kit got 100 bucks

Id give it to you if i had it its probably in pieces all over the us and canada by now:)

Mitch don't get too upset. If you post things on here long enough, some people will always have a problem with the way you phrase something or your opinion on something. Ya just have to ignore the jerks and take in the useful replies and information that are abundant on this sight. Some of the members on this sight just troll through threads and look for places to cause trouble.

Mitch don't get too upset. If you post things on here long enough, some people will always have a problem with the way you phrase something or your opinion on something. Ya just have to ignore the jerks and take in the useful replies and information that are abundant on this sight. Some of the members on this sight just troll through threads and look for places to cause trouble.

Thanks

:agree2: Sounds like your cousin was being a retard Mitch, and if retard is the worst you call someone your doing good! I'm quite sure you were not referring to any mentally handicapped people, and they all know that, they just want to give you a hard time! Tell them to pound sand and forget about it!

:agree2: Sounds like your cousin was being a retard Mitch, and if retard is the worst you call someone your doing good! I'm quite sure you were not referring to any mentally handicapped people, and they all know that, they just want to give you a hard time! Tell them to pound sand and forget about it!

Appreciate it man and you were %100% right i wasnt referring to and handicapped children:cheers:

Dolmar 7900 The Baron of saws

Yup. I have had Stihls, Huskys, McCulloughs, Homelite gear driven 36" bar, and others. The Dolmar 7900 cuts faster than any non-modded so far. Very satisfied.:clap:

Latest posts

Back