395xp for kawasaki

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat saws, very smooth running, heavy and a bit under powered for a 60cc saw. Not hard to find in good shape. The prices are just daffy anymore. A reasonably nice example will set you back around $800.00. If you're really patient and watch market place, municibid or other auction sites (not ebay.) You can grab one up fairly cheap, usually in batter shape then the junk on eBay.
EH?

I would like to get a swede 395XP in my collection....but that 395 looks beat to a snotty pulp. I'm with the others, get the most value out of that Kawa and buy a saw with cash. The pics on that bike give the impresssion its in really good condition. Good luck
Yea the bike is very clean. Has bein garage kept its entire life and it shows. Thanks for the input

What do you mean it needs a set of carbs?
When I got the bike one of the 2 slides in the carbs is gone and the other the rubber diaphragm was torn and I've done alot of looking for just a couple slides and there next to impossible to find for under $80 to $100 a piece but for $400 there's a store that sells a complete ready to bolt on upgrade set of mikuni vm28 round slide carbs which makes more since to get rather spending the money on getting the stockers fixed up. https://speedmotoco.com/kawasaki-kz305-carburetor-kit-mikuni-vm28-kawasaki-kz305-carburetor-kit/

Yeah, the bike has a varied value. The saws do not. Their value is clear to define. With that being said (10) new Husky 395s will set you back around $10,800 so I really doubt that bike is worth that.
Not even close. It bluebooks for less than $900. Im asking 7 for it on marketplace.

Neat saws, very smooth running, heavy and a bit under powered for a 60cc saw. Not hard to find in good shape. The prices are just daffy anymore. A reasonably nice example will set you back around $800.00. If you're really patient and watch market place, municibid or other auction sites (not ebay.) You can grab one up fairly cheap, usually in batter shape then the junk on eBay.
Thanks for the advice. Hey have you seen the solo twin on ebay right now omg that dude is smoking some good good

I agree. The 661 definitely has a totally different feel and a bit less powerful to me anyway. I hope to get my hands on one some day but for now I got my bb 066 red-light among others to fell with.
If you already have a 066 I would not mess with that 395. I have never found any deals at pawn shops.

I waited patiently for our local saw shop to receive a new Husky 395xp powerhead.
Then, finally in Oct of 2022, he got a shipment, so I bought one of two.
The dang thing is made in Brazil. As long as the saw gets the job done, I'm happy.
I know, I didn't price shop and Paid $1,400 and was happy to have a New saw.

Prior to the new 395xp, I was using an old neglected 394xp for approx 8-years.
At that time, my old Husky 2100cd was my backup wood-cutting saw.

I agree with the others that the 395 looks "ridden hard and put away wet", BUT, it may be a very nice running saw. And, you like rebuilding engines. Sooo, _ _ _
I guess if you get the saw, some new crank seals may be first up for preventative love.

I waited patiently for our local saw shop to receive a new Husky 395xp powerhead.
Then, finally in Oct of 2022, he got a shipment, so I bought one of two.
The dang thing is made in Brazil. As long as the saw gets the job done, I'm happy.
I know, I didn't price shop and Paid $1,400 and was happy to have a New saw.

Prior to the new 395xp, I was using an old neglected 394xp for approx 8-years.
At that time, my old Husky 2100cd was my backup wood-cutting saw.

I agree with the others that the 395 looks "ridden hard and put away wet", BUT, it may be a very nice running saw. And, you like rebuilding engines. Sooo, _ _ _
I guess if you get the saw, some new crank seals may be first up for preventative love.
The last (12) 395's I bought were all made in Brazil. The 3120 a few weeks ago was made in Sweden and the MS260 was made in Brazil.

So you have ran both and prefer the performance of the 661? I have never had a 661 just piles of 064/066/660's
Yes, I’ve never run the 064. My buddy that owns a tree business has all the cool stuff. Last time he was at my place was a fun day. He broke out all kinds of saws. All of his felling cuts were made with a 661c, once the tree was on the ground and the 661 was out of fuel he would swap to his 660. He never stops cutting, a helper comes to grab the empty saw and refuel it. He’s kept his old 066 as the stumper, she’s beat and ugly but cuts well and sounds great. Nice torque but slow compared to the 661. I’ve ran all 3 of his and wouldn’t mind having my own 661 but I really don’t need something that big, If I do, I call him. I run up to a 28 on my 462, 99 percent of the time that’s enough.

IMG_4903.jpegThis was the 2nd largest tree on my property. The 90cc saws worked great in this red oak. I have one tree that’s larger but I’m not cutting it, it’s a huge and old beech. I don’t go around cutting stuff like this for other people and I don’t mill either so a 661 is a want not a need. Maybe one day when I get some big land I’ll buy one.

Lol really? I've never ran one so I don't know how they feel. How do they compare to say a ms460 or a bb 066. I have one of each of those.
Elevator guy is a great guy, but has a stihl only mentality. The 395xp will kick the crap out of either in large bar situations. Actually running 42" bars it's only a very slight bit slower than my stihl 084av. My husqy 390xp cuts every bit as fast as every 066 and 660 I've cut with. Last year my cousin got a ms661 so I had to drag the 390xp and 395xp out, it's slightly faster then the 390xp and still doesn't keep up with the 395xp. They are great saws, the lot of them.
Thanks for the advice. Hey have you seen the solo twin on ebay right now omg that dude is smoking some good good
yes I did see it, and have it saved. Way out of my price range for a modified saw. Especially since parts are extremely difficult to find for it.

I’m not Stihl only Sean, I just don’t like the Swede saws. I just bought a husky trimmer last weekend if you remember. I don’t like the stihl 4 mix so I was only interested in the FS94r trimmer and that was $400. I got the husky lk525 I think it is, combi unit with the trimmer head. It’s super light, fairly quiet, I like it and as far as I know it’s a real 2 stroke. The only thing I don’t like vs Stihl is the choke doesn’t auto drop with a trigger blip. I’ve had echo saws too, currently running the echo 9010 blower too.

I don’t like the stihl 4 mix so I was only interested in the FS94r trimmer and that was $400.
I have a STIHL KM-130 powerhead and most of the Kombi attachments (the tiller is a little weak but does narrow flower beds fast) and love it. Granted, that's STIHL'S biggest power head, and it's heavy, but it's all about getting the job done yesterday.

I haven't had any issues. It was just at the dealer for preventative maintenance and the valves were even spot-on. One rusted out muffler bolt (that's not coming out easy) is the only issue. I don't bang it around so the plastics are still great, but I do over-work the powerhead and it just keeps going. I do lube all the joints generously and replace them when they wear, plus service the attachments regularly, so maybe that's key to running 11? years with no issues.

OR maybe it's the STIHL 2-stroke oil... 😄

Latest posts

Back