Dolmar Chainsaw saw a post that referenced a Makita 45m6 /DCS520 as being a Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAR

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I saw a post that referenced a Makita 45m6 /DCS520 as being a Dolmar , is there a model number for the Dolmar.
My Makita is a DCS 540, with a 45m6 motor, and the possible parts, piston,rings are obsolete. The complete head piston assby, it is priced out of my reach.
Do Dolmar parts also fit this Makita or is this a similar problem?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Jim

Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar

Any further questions?

Herbs, that was quick. I will contact them to verify that my Makita 540 & the 520 both have the same 45m6 motor. I use eBay all the time.

Maybe I can save this thing after all!

Tk's
JAR

Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar=Makita=Dolmar

Any further questions?

A quick google search suggests that the Dolmar 111 is the equivalent.
Here's an ebay listing for a piston kit.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/321...2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=107&chn=ps

Hope that helps.
The word "equivalent" is not exactly the best choice of words.
The crankcases of the Dolmar 111 and the Makita 540 are the same so the Cylinder/piston assemblies together will interchange.
The 45mm "540" was not overly powerful and was open port.
The 44mm 111 was a KS open port up through 1997 after which it was Mahle closed port. It was 52CC
The closed port 44mm Mahle cylinder piston though only 52cc, had more power than the 54cc 540 series.
There was another Dolmar, the 115 that had a Mahle closed port cylinder/piston assembly that will interchange with the 540 assembly.

I had a Makita 520 that had lowish compression so I inspected......found a bad piston. Now for the interesting part......

I had a Dolmar 115 with a bad case but good piston and jug. They were the sam as the 520 other than the Makita was open port and single ring, the Dolmar closed port and double ring. Made one heck of a good saw from that!!!

PS540 > DCS540
PS111 > DCS520
PS115 > DCS5200 - the top model in that "family" of saws.

DCS = Dolmar Chain Saw. Makita bought Dolmar from Sachs in 1992 or so.

I had a Makita 520 that had lowish compression so I inspected......found a bad piston. Now for the interesting part......

I had a Dolmar 115 with a bad case but good piston and jug. They were the sam as the 520 other than the Makita was open port and single ring, the Dolmar closed port and double ring. Made one heck of a good saw from that!!!

Poleman, can I assume that the Makita 520 and 540 use the same piston, rings etc.
Jim

7sleeper, I just took it as Aussie humor, no offense taken.

The word "equivalent" is not exactly the best choice of words.
The crankcases of the Dolmar 111 and the Makita 540 are the same so the Cylinder/piston assemblies together will interchange.
The 45mm "540" was not overly powerful and was open port.
The 44mm 111 was a KS open port up through 1997 after which it was Mahle closed port. It was 52CC
The closed port 44mm Mahle cylinder piston though only 52cc, had more power than the 54cc 540 series.
There was another Dolmar, the 115 that had a Mahle closed port cylinder/piston assembly that will interchange with the 540 assembly.

Tk's again, I have emailed the ebay reference and am awaiting an answer.
Jim

The 115 and 520 were 44mm pistons and I think the 540 is a 45mm. The saws are all in ther same groupe so I'm thinking the jugs/piston are interchangable. I haven't checked stroke to see if feasable.

Herbs, that was quick. I will contact them to verify that my Makita 540 & the 520 both have the same 45m6 motor. I use eBay all the time.

Maybe I can save this thing after all!

Tk's
JAR

Jim, Do you use eBay all the time purchasing classic fountain pens and pocket knives while sitting on the back porch sipping coffee deep in the bowels of Texas? These folks are a little rougher than the SSC coffee crowds but more than a little bit of time can be waster here.

Gary (aka GmanJenks)

Jim, Do you use eBay all the time purchasing classic fountain pens and pocket knives while sitting on the back porch sipping coffee deep in the bowels of Texas? These folks are a little rougher than the SSC coffee crowds but more than a little bit of time can be waster here.

Gary (aka GmanJenks)

Gary ( GmanJenks) I do purchase a lot of things from ebay, streetrod parts, being the majority, however every time my self or wife decide to shop for something, ebay comes first. At least I have an ideal what is available and how much.
Jim

Back