Dolmar fans!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fwiw, and imho, even their crappy saws are better than the majority of stuff that is readily available. Even though those saws are less than impressive they comes with the GREATEST dealer network and support out there.
A ha not picking a fight but I new I would ruffle a few feathers!!!! Stihl makes good saw's but from my personal ex I really do not care for the like of the 180 and class saw's, also the warranty is like a year on them. But then we all have a opinion . By the way my 645 solo will smoke a 250 lol but then that was just two saw's going against each other. we need data from over say a hundred saw's to really conform anything. I will say this Stihl makes a great bigger saw one of the best, but for me I will stay away from the 40/45cc class .
PS you wont see me in any tree so I cant comment on the top handle saw's.

A ha not picking a fight but I new I would ruffle a few feathers!!!! Stihl makes good saw's but from my personal ex I really do not care for the like of the 180 and class saw's, also the warranty is like a year on them. But then we all have a opinion . By the way my 645 solo will smoke a 250 lol but then that was just two saw's going against each other. we need data from over say a hundred saw's to really conform anything. I will say this Stihl makes a great bigger saw one of the best, but for me I will stay away from the 40/45cc class .
PS you wont see me in any tree so I cant comment on the top handle saw's.

lol, no worries. It'd have to be a hell of a tree to have me in it.

run one or shut up, seriousley. This reminds me of all the neanderthals that hate the 441

why the #### would i wanna do that??

I live in America!!!!!!!!!!

Im basing my opinion on feel, ergonomics, & looks.

#### other than that they are reall all the same anyway.

To add some steam,

I dont like thoes heavy aresed 441s that took the place of our beloved 440's cry cry..

Last edited by a moderator:
why the #### would i wanna do that??

I live in America!!!!!!!!!!

Im basing my opinion on feel, ergonomics, & looks.

#### other than that they are reall all the same anyway.

To add some steam,

I dont like thoes heavy aresed 441s that took the place of our beloved 440's cry cry..

well, In my opinion, that makes you a wimp or an idiot.

lol, no worries. It'd have to be a hell of a tree to have me in it.
LOL, you are a big guy, but it is fun to argue about saw's . I was just out in the dark back yard testing a square ground .325 chain on my 295. It took me 4 day's to file them by hand!!! round to square.

well, In my opinion, that makes you a wimp or an idiot.
Well they phased out the 440 for a reason most likely the vibes, yep I am a sissy and find my hands go numb after running my old saw's. Yep the 441 has a big butt more cushion for the push-en?

Last edited:
Do my job for a week or two, then we can share opinions of one another.

Guessing by your name, you will be through in a matter of hours...

Dude you need to let this drop, walk away from the keyboard and just chill.

You came in here looking a little silly giving baseless opinions. Now you're insulting people who know a heck of a lot more about saws than you do. Just give it a rest. Better yet, admit you are wrong, then move on; try to learn from it.

Mr. HE:cool:

Hate to burst anyone's bubble but the Dolmar PS-460's and 510's are being made in China. Like everyone else, Dolmar can't provide the product at the price point demanded by the consumer.
The pro saws, four digit model #, are still being made in Germany but for how long is anybody's guess.

I have lots of saws. Poulans, homelite, stihl, husquvarna, shindaiwa jonsered, dayton, craftsman and yes Dolmar. Not one of those saws is a "junk" saw. I take anyone to task arguing different. That said, we all have favorites. Personally there isn't one brand I don't like, maybe some models but that's it. My dolmar is a PS 540. Most guys prob never heard of it. Its 54 ccs mag case and clutch cover,rim sprocket, machined adjustable oiler. Its a pro saw no doubt. It was replaced by the 5100. Its a great saw to run, built like a tank. I challenge anyone to run this saw and not be impressed. They make a good saw. In my opion anyway. Worth every penny

Hate to burst anyone's bubble but the Dolmar PS-460's and 510's are being made in China. Like everyone else, Dolmar can't provide the product at the price point demanded by the consumer.
The pro saws, four digit model #, are still being made in Germany but for how long is anybody's guess.
Everything will be made in China soon and We will become the third world countries.

Dude you need to let this drop, walk away from the keyboard and just chill.

You came in here looking a little silly giving baseless opinions. Now you're insulting people who know a heck of a lot more about saws than you do. Just give it a rest. Better yet, admit you are wrong, then move on; try to learn from it.

Mr. HE:cool:

I will not agree to a single letter in that statement. . .

My opinions on pro saws comes from shooting the #### with guys that make their living running said saws,Young and old alike, both stihl & husqv fans...

none of them rely on dolmar 7900s.

you see, just cause a bunch of cookie cutting nancys coo over the l8est & gr8est saw dont mean it really is the bee's knee's.

I have lots of saws. Poulans, homelite, stihl, husquvarna, shindaiwa jonsered, dayton, craftsman and yes Dolmar. Not one of those saws is a "junk" saw. I take anyone to task arguing different. That said, we all have favorites. Personally there isn't one brand I don't like, maybe some models but that's it. My dolmar is a PS 540. Most guys prob never heard of it. Its 54 ccs mag case and clutch cover,rim sprocket, machined adjustable oiler. Its a pro saw no doubt. It was replaced by the 5100. Its a great saw to run, built like a tank. I challenge anyone to run this saw and not be impressed. They make a good saw. In my opion anyway. Worth every penny
exactly, dam I missed a 540 once for $200.00
Lets all just agree to degree!
No matter what I through at my 2550 I can't kill it! it just keeps cutting firewood.

For what its worth I think dolmar's are made quite well, just as good as any stihl or husqvarna product, maybe some of the saws have had issues like the 5100's but so have the other brands as well,never had the chance to try a 7900 series so I can't actually comment on one but the specs speak for themselves. As for SACH Dolmar the old stuff-tuff as nails!!.

Stihl is being mad in China. It was upsetting when I opened the box of a HS45 hedge trimmer I saw Made in China sticker instead of the Made in U.S.A.. I hope the quality won't suffer and it probably wont. Its just like Honda they have manufacturing plants in China. Their EM series Honda generators are made in China but under Honda's quality control, so I figure it's the same for Stihl.

Its unfortunate when I try to sell a customer a Stihl over an Echo I always point out to them, "dont you wanna support Americans? People complain all the time about there being no jobs here, everything being outsourced to other countries. If you buy this machine you will be supporting American economy and jobs." Stihl is better than Echo just on quality and performance alone but it's nice to throw that whole patriotic angle. Can't do it now!

The only downfall dolmar has at this point is dealer support, its hard to get feed back from users if they can't get their hands on a unit to look it over and test it out. That could be said about any brand.

FATGUY, hay I DO NOT want to be hatefull!!!!! I just like to stir the pot!!

What is your profession? chances are I would suck at it!!

Volks man, i fall timber, and do all kinds of other crap associated with logging
But I took up fall college classes so I am not working right now:cry:

I am one of the few guys that has a job when ever I need it, I just dont have a teleportation machine to get from OR to WV every morning:cry:

FATGUY, hay I DO NOT want to be hatefull!!!!! I just like to stir the pot!!

What is your profession? chances are I would suck at it!!

Volks man, i fall timber, and do all kinds of other crap associated with logging
But I took up fall college classes so I am not working right now:cry:

I am one of the few guys that has a job when ever I need it, I just dont have a teleportation machine to get from OR to WV every morning:cry:

I'm a machinist. (Canadian red seal)

Latest posts

Back