Dolmar fuel tank vent issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TX_DKW

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have had a major problem with my dolmar 7310 flooding first pull after sitting in my black tool box for more than a few days then towards the end of a tank it starts running really lean. Today I popped the cap before starting and heard a loud hiss has anyone ever had a problem with their vent being stopped up on a brand new saw? The only reason I could see it flooding every time is too much pressure in the fuel tank. I have a big job tomorrow that I need it on is there any way I can drill a hole through it to get me through the day?

Drill a hole in the bottom of the tank, that will fix it...LOL
The vent is actually made to hold pressure, they are designed as a one way vent that only allows air into the fuel tank, the carb metering lever spring is also designed to withstand the pressure from the tank so that is not your issue.

if you have it in your vehicle the jostling around will pressurize the system, may not need to choke it. when you go to start it try setting on fast idle ( pull choke and push back in) and give a pull. when your low enough on fuel it will run lean. but if you think the tank is holding to much pressure your dealer can check that. ( i doubt that it is)

My 6100 doesn't need any choke above 80 degrees , especially if it in the sun. In fact I went to show a friend how easy it turned over. The saw had sat for two weeks. The thing fired right off halfway through the pull. Like I had just sat it down from running. Some of these Dolmars can almost start themselves. I would try not choke first. And yes the run lean at the end of a tank. It is good practice to kill the saw and refuel at the first hint of it leaning up.

Drill a hole in the bottom of the tank, that will fix it...LOL
The vent is actually made to hold pressure, they are designed as a one way vent that only allows air into the fuel tank, the carb metering lever spring is also designed to withstand the pressure from the tank so that is not your issue.
Except towards the end of a tank it begins to run lean

I made it through the day by popping the cap every few cuts, I get a new vent from the dealer under warranty tomorrow. After about a half tank it will hiss like there is a vacuum on it.

I made it through the day by popping the cap every few cuts, I get a new vent from the dealer under warranty tomorrow. After about a half tank it will hiss like there is a vacuum on it.
That hiss is normal with this model. If the saw is flooding its not the tank vent it's the meetering lever in the carb sticking open. Flooding is not a tank vent problem.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back