dolmar/makita 5105 user experiences

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm torn between the 5001 and the 6100 for $100 more --lol

right now i'm leaning to the 6100

i've got a bunch of saws so i don't really need any of um-- but i do like to add a new one from time to time . i don't have a strato saw -- so i'm playing with the idea of picking up one with the first deal i get-- even considered the cs-550p cause their going for peanuts--

i think i am going to try to get a 6100 its more "me" as it should pull a 24" i generally use 20-"-24" so far the timberwolf has had no problems pulling the 24" since the MM--

This is my first season with the Dolmar. I've been felling with the Dolmar, and as I'm sure you understand, getting two any trees on the ground is never the same. The lack of snow this year means trees have picked up dirt and mud by the time they get to the landing. The Husky has a semi chisel and the Dolamr is full chisel giving the husky the nod for bucking up the wood on the landing. For those reasons I can't make an accurate comparison.

Is that a saw you got from me? Hows it been running?

Used the 5105h today, ran 4 tanks of fuel cutting ash and cherry. I used the advised techniques to cold start the saw, definitely an improvement from using my standard husky starting technique. After the cold start, its fires up half way through the first pull everytime. Great saw, cuts awesome but a little heavy for the 50cc class.

New member to the forum, and wanted to say Hello to all the members. I am in Ohio and have not used a chainsaw for 10 years, but now need one. So did the research and the Dolmar 5105-A. beat out the Stihl 261 c-m.
And found a dealer in NW ohio, only about 10 miles from me. He has a small shop in the country , very nice Guy and does all repairs on Dolmar,Echo, etc and He sells the Dolmars and Echo brands. Got the 5105-A-20"
and wanted an 18" bar and chain also, so he thru in an Oregon preimum sprocket head bar and also an extra chain for free, could not believe it.
Picked up the saw from him yesterday and he spent 1 1/2 hours with me showing and running and cutting the first wood with it, and ajusting and tunning the carb , and idle, just a great guy and very knowlegable.
Cut wood again today and the easy start, almost always 1 pull or 2 and very low vibration and smooth running saw, very pleased with it.
All the Best,
Dennis.

New member to the forum, and wanted to say Hello to all the members. I am in Ohio and have not used a chainsaw for 10 years, but now need one. So did the research and the Dolmar 5105-A. beat out the Stihl 261 c-m.
And found a dealer in NW ohio, only about 10 miles from me. He has a small shop in the country , very nice Guy and does all repairs on Dolmar,Echo, etc and He sells the Dolmars and Echo brands. Got the 5105-A-20"
and wanted an 18" bar and chain also, so he thru in an Oregon preimum sprocket head bar and also an extra chain for free, could not believe it.
Picked up the saw from him yesterday and he spent 1 1/2 hours with me showing and running and cutting the first wood with it, and ajusting and tunning the carb , and idle, just a great guy and very knowlegable.
Cut wood again today and the easy start, almost always 1 pull or 2 and very low vibration and smooth running saw, very pleased with it.
All the Best,
Dennis.

Welcome Dennis! I recently chose the 5105 over the other name brands. My pro saws are Huskys, but I could not beat the deal I got on the Dolmar from a local dealer. You are fortunate to have a fine one right near you too!

You'll find the saw getting stronger as it breaks in, and the smoothness it has in the cut is really important on those long afternoons. I do not get fatigued running mine on the log piles. I have the "SC" model (14,500rpm coil, cat muffler), and swapped the cat muffler out for a 5100 non-cat muffler which opened it up noticeably. After about 8-10 tanks of fuel, it has 180psi compression at 3 pulls cold.

Good luck with yours and be safe!!

Yes thanks for the replys, love the Dolmar 5105 and also wanted to thank this site for the info i learned here about the Dolmar Saws it was very helpful for me in making my choice , of which saws to look at as it really came down to low vibration light weight and smoothness, as the deciding factors on the purchase of the Dolmar.
All the Best
Dennis.

All the Best,
Dennis.

Congrats and you're very lucky to have a dealer like that nearby. Send him some business, drop his name!

His name is David, owner, and his shop is, Heckman Outdoor Power LLC on ohio Hy 364 south/west of New Bremen Ohio. For those who live in west central ohio and are looking for Echo/Dolmar chainsaws get a hold of him.
Best
Dennis

Latest posts

Back