Dolmar/Makita questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If HD did not know that the 6401 is NLA, they would be in a slightly better position. However, since they do in fact know that the product is NLA, it is illegal for them to advertise it at a guaranteed price, take your money/order for the product, let you wait a week for it, and then tell you "oops, sorry, but for another hundred bucks we can sell you the 6421".

I dont know what kind of legal background you have, but if the answer is "none", you may want to look-up "bait and switch". This is a textbook case of it.

If you have so much "problems" with Baileys, why not raise it on their sponsor forum - this has nothing to do in the chainsaw forum!

Well.... reading all the rejections here lately I was wondering if I should call my local HD just to see if they where going to tell me the same thing as a few others here.. "No longer available, but for $100 more will sale you a 6421".

Well this week I'm working 2nd shift so I was just sitting here playing around on the net and I heard a truck pull up out side my house. I here a package get placed on my door step and off went the truck. I look at the package and it's addressed to me from Makita.:msp_thumbup:

Not only did I get the Makita 6421 from HD for $472.00 they also delivered it to my door step one week earlier then promised.:D

Bad news is I can't play with it right now because I have to get to work.:msp_mad:

Well.... reading all the rejections here lately I was wondering if I should call my local HD just to see if they where going to tell me the same thing as a few others here.. "No longer available, but for $100 more will sale you a 6421".

Well this week I'm working 2nd shift so I was just sitting here playing around on the net and I heard a truck pull up out side my house. I here a package get placed on my door step and off went the truck. I look at the package and it's addressed to me from Makita.:msp_thumbup:

Not only did I get the Makita 6421 from HD for $472.00 they also delivered it to my door step one week earlier then promised.:D

Bad news is I can't play with it right now because I have to get to work.:msp_mad:

That's awesome! I'm glad it worked out well for you. It seems that it changes from each store. My current online status says it's processed,not shipped. That's a step further that the first time I tried. They did offer to ship it directly to me but the Sales associate said it would likely arrive quicker it it was delivered to the store. Doesn't matter to me, It's only 1/2 mile from my work.

Enjoy the new saw!

Dolmar 6400

I picked up my Dolmar 6400 this morning that I bought from the Dolmar dealer after getting the royal run around treatment at Home Depot.

It has a replaceable tip 24" bar but the cover is only for a 20" bar.

It has the "Cat Cracker" muffler but the manual and all the numbers on the saw say it is a 6400.

I have not run it yet as I worked on my Dolmar 6000i and Poulan 3500 saws this afternoon.

It certainly is a beauty.

They did offer to ship it directly to me but the Sales associate said it would likely arrive quicker it it was delivered to the store. Doesn't matter to me, It's only 1/2 mile from my work.

Enjoy the new saw!

Ya.. I only live 1 mile from my HD. The sales associate took my phone number and said will call ya when it comes in and you can pick it up. Thats way I was surprised when it showed up on my front door step.

I picked up my Dolmar 6400 this morning that I bought from the Dolmar dealer after getting the royal run around treatment at Home Depot.

It has a replaceable tip 24" bar but the cover is only for a 20" bar.

It has the "Cat Cracker" muffler but the manual and all the numbers on the saw say it is a 6400.

I have not run it yet as I worked on my Dolmar 6000i and Poulan 3500 saws this afternoon.

It certainly is a beauty.

Dolmar STILL uses the PS-6400 ID for this saw but if you Look Closely at the recoil badge and the serial number tag they call it a PS-6400C The "C" stands for a catalist muffler

Scott

Thanks for the clarification on the nomenclature of the Dolmar 6400C

The "CAT" muffler has the outlet on the muffler half that is attached to the cylinder. There are two little covers over the center bolts

My new 6421 showed up today!
Now I just need the time to put the 6401 back together, tune them both up and cut some wood...Hopefully early next week:msp_smile:

dolmar 112

well i got a black 112 and it is in great shape and runs good is there any difference between the black one orange one thanks lee

well i got a black 112 and it is in great shape and runs good is there any difference between the black one orange one thanks lee

black and silver i can see some orange on the bottom where the silver chipping thanks lee

Latest posts

Back