Dolmar price check

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

begleytree

H. sapiens moderatus
Reaction score
Local dolmar dealer here just priced me a 5100S with 18" 3/8 B&C for $375, and a 7900 with 20" or 24" 3/8 B&C (my choice) for $650
Both saws new on the rack.
Good prices or no?
-Ralph

begleytree said:
Local dolmar dealer here just priced me a 5100S with 18" 3/8 B&C for $375, and a 7900 with 20" or 24" 3/8 B&C (my choice) for $650
Both saws new on the rack.
Good prices or no?
-Ralph
I can't say on the 7900. But I priced a 5100s and that seems a very good price for one. Better than I got quoted.

Dolmar prices

Yep, I'd say those are fair prices. The 5100s go for right around $400 although they usually come stock with .325 chain. The narrow kerf .325/50 works great on that saw. Very fast. The 7900 is right in the ball park too.

Zee

Was just quoted a 5100S Saturday by brand new (to Dolmar) local dealer. $395, they keep factory 325 safety chain and I get two Cartons

Just talked to the dealer again and he went to $325 for the 5100s and $599 for the 7900. both with B&Cs (20 on the 7900 at that price)
I was looking at the 5100 for a ground limbing saw, and due to having many saws in the 70-90cc range, don't really need the 7900. So its out, unless someone wants me to pick it up for them.
-Ralph

You by chance wanna price me a 5100S w/o B&C and would you mind picking it up for me? (paid in advance, of coarse) West portsmouth is southern, correct?

Thanks
Steve

begleytree said:
west portsmouth
-Ralph
Dang, you are down there where I grew up Btree. You heard of (Muletown) little town right beside Minford. Still have land down in Lucasville area in a place called hog hollow. I get down that way once every couple months.

freakingstang, I will price it today for you

cut4fun, know where you're from. I am past muletown mini mart about 2x a week. it's 15 minutes from me. am in lucasville at least once a week. Gimme a shout next time you're headed down.
-Ralph

Freak, the guy that manned the Dolmar booth at the Power Show was a dealer from Willard (I think, have his card somewhere) seemed like a good guy and price was $370 or so. Dealer in Mt Vernon is Wiford's and 1/4 mile away but Ralphs guy sure is a lot cheaper than anybody else, must be low cost Portsmouth rent, LOL

Butch(OH) said:
Freak, the guy that manned the Dolmar booth at the Power Show was a dealer from Willard (I think, have his card somewhere) seemed like a good guy and price was $370 or so. Dealer in Mt Vernon is Wiford's and 1/4 mile away but Ralphs guy sure is a lot cheaper than anybody else, must be low cost Portsmouth rent, LOL

Yes their is a dealer in Willard (my local dealer) one he!! of a nice guy.
Freakingstang if you need his # email me or call I will give it to you last time I was their he had a bunch of stock.

Actually, this guy moves more saws than most anyone in the state (dolmar wise) the more you move, the cheaper you can sell them.
Before this gets out of hand, I only asked because I thought those were good prices, but figured I'd ask anyway.
I have no desire to sell saws, here or anywhere else. I only asked, that since I didn't need the 7900, wasn't buying the 7900, but got a good price on it, if anyone wanted it at that price. Just trying to help someone out maybe. I don't care about who's dealer is the best, nicest, or has the biggest tallywacker. And I'm not adding anything to his price. seriously considered not offering, but did anyway.
As far as low rent, yeah, he's on the west side, yep, low cost, and he's back out of the way and way off the main drag, and does this more as a hobby as he has a great pension, and his sons are loggers, so it's for them too. and his shop is his, on his own property. yet he moves saws. and he's about 45 minutes closer to me (one way) than my stihl dealer I use. And precut chains if I need one on a job is $16.50 for any size 3/8 oregon 72 skip tooth up to 24". cheap enough.
-Ralph

Sorry Ralph, wasnt trying to start a dealer price war either, just trying to keep the Freak closer to home. Sure is a lot of central Ohio boys on here isnt there?

I know Butch, and I didn't mean to come off so strong. I was mad about something else when I posted that. sorry

yes, there sure are a lot of Ohio guys and gals on here these days
-Ralph

I love my 5100! Thanks Ralph.

Anyone know the name or phone number of the guy in Willard? I would like to pick up some parts (5100 muffler) and price a 7900.

dolmar dealer

Dolmar dealer in willard,ohio.Precision Edge Power Equiment
4889 Egypt Rd
567-227-0152:yoyo:

Pcoz88 said:
Dolmar dealer in willard,ohio.Precision Edge Power Equiment
4889 Egypt Rd
567-227-0152:yoyo:

Thanks Pete.

I still have the 066 for the time being, if you want that beat up 2186, make me an offer.....

-Steve

Latest posts

Back