• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Dolmar PS-401

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kegerator5

Champ = THE Powerhorse lol
Reaction score
Trying to constantly have 2 saws posted for sale. One just sold, so grabbed this one to post. lol.

Looking to sell this Dolmar PS-401.
Bought it in its current condition.

Never dug into it. Was told it has a bad piston ring, which has led to a scored piston and won't start. I never tried. Just figured I'd do more damage trying. Piston and rings are pretty cheap for this saw. Just never got around to it. Everything I've read about this saw is great.

I believe I have a 14" bar and chain for it. If I don't, I'll update this. Otherwise, assume I do.

As to the pictures:
First couple are of the saw, regular pictures
Than I took 2 pictures of the scoring. First showing the top of the piston, and the ring.
Next picture is body of the piston.
Than the compression guage. Shows about 80... But, last picture shows I'm using an adapter, so add about 10-15. So compression is actually 90-95.

Asking $150 shipped to you.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    981.4 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
Feel free to make offers...

I had a hard time looking up value on this saw.. Just that its final selling price was $300... And that it's essentially a beginning predecessor of the 421... And those still seem to sell for 250 used, 200 non running.

Or, open to trade offers... Let me know?

I really like the PS-401. One of, if not the, lightest 40cc saw available, and decent power, especially given the weight. Some parts are getting hard to find. OE cylinders are obsolete with limited supply available and run ~$170. Not sure if aftermarket cylinders are available for this saw. I recently picked one up on eBay that looked like new and appeared to have never cut wood for $150 + shipping for the power-head only. I was the only bidder. Was able to get some modest gains with some port work on mine.

The only way your saw is worth $100 would be if you can guarantee the cylinder is still in good shape. I'd give you $75 shipped for it (as is) just to have a few spare parts on hand.

Latest posts

Back