Dolmar ps-5105 cylinder and piston kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulo Gaspar

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm from Portugal and I recently bought a used dolmar ps-5105.
I need to put a new cylinder and piston kit on it.
The problem is that the original parts are very expensive and I can't find in Europe, aftermarket parts for this saw.
Does anyone know if the cylinder and piston kit for the 510 model fit in the 5105? I know it has less horsepower, but the price is almost 50% cheaper and 0.5hp less, really doesn't bother me at all.

Attachments

• IMG_20200505_145353.jpg
    IMG_20200505_145353.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
It will fit. They share the same piston. The 510 cylinder is an open port design. Even though it makes less peak power the 510 powerband is very wide and forgiving. They're kind of like the Husqvarna 357xp and 359 in stock form. You should try and salvage the cylinder if possible. OEM pistons are still pricey but much less than a complete top end. There are a couple of aftermarket pistons available as well, including one from Poland. That piston needs a little modification to work though. I did a thread on this site on how I clean up cylinders with basic tools. The Dolmar plating is pretty resiliant.

Back