Dolmar PS-7900,I love it!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sethro

Heathen
Reaction score
While firewooding it today at the yard,I thought to myself that this saw really rips and my dog(Cooter) was watching and I know he was thinking the same thing. Light and chitloads of power,better than any 064 or 066 I've owned. Seth
What do you Dolmar 7900 owners think?

Last edited:
Definetly pullin slugs. Where'd you get that saw? The write up about the contest that Joker or somebody posted really sounded good. Congrats on your new addition Seth. Keep us posted:blob2:

Hey Seth.

The saw's a beaut, that's for sure.  I'd like to switch focus to the handle on the maul for a moment if I could.  I saw a bit of it in an earlier image you posted.  The sticker looks very similar to the ones on my preferred make of tool handles, the "Link Family of Handle Makers".  While most of the others seem to be going to slab-sided stock these are still very generously proportioned.  Am I close?

Glen

glens
Right on,its the(Link Family of Handle Makers) .I bought those handles at Ace Hardware Store here in Wisconsin. I am on #2 this year but I have a bad finger on my left hand so sometimes a dry throw is unstopable.
Hi Mike
I bought the saw at Dan Andersons Saw Shop. Seth

Sorry 'bout the finger.  I usually get several seasons out of a handle.  After most of two now I'm starting to get a couple of little nicks in the handle on my 8-lb. axe-eye maul.  I think I got my handles at Ace as well.  My usual supplier has gone cheap and I bought a couple last time, just in case Ace does too.  The one on my double-bit axe was made before they were a family - it's just the O.P. Link Handle Co. from Salem, IN.

I'm looking at your images of the saw here and it looks like it ought to balance pretty well on the front handle with that bar.  How long of a bar does it take to get nose heavy, how is the isolation system, and do all the controls fall readily to hand or are they spread out all over the place?  Also, how do they compete with the other top brands in price and warranty?  Finally, can I borrow that maul handle to use on the Dolmar website designer?

Glen

glens
This is the lightest saw in its class( 79cc) so on the bar length I don't know maybe 28"bar or 32" when the tail would get light .The on/off switch is on the left and choke is on the right but close to rear handle. Not as easy as Stihl but I don't mind.
Talk to Dagger or seesaw on prices and warranty

Model PS7900
Engine Displacement 4.8 cu. in.
79 cc.
Max. Engine Speed (w/bar & chain) 13,500 RPM
Power Rating/BHP 4.6kW/6.2
Fuel Tank Capacity 25.4 oz.
Oil Tank Capacity 14.2 oz.
Net Weight (dry w/o bar & chain) 13.8 lbs.
Standard Guide Bar 18"
20"
24"
28"
Chain Pitch / Gauge 3/8" / .058"

The 7900 is one sweet saw, too bad the dealer network is so spotty. Retail is around $725 but I had a guy offer me one for $650(if I recall correctly, was last August). It could be the saw that finally puts Dolmar back in the game. Russ

Latest posts

Back