Dolmar PS33

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Weedkilla, Just wondering if you recall if you clutch drum from the stilhl 024/026 had a notch on it? I have one hear with a notch but I think it might be too big for the makita saw, the original is much more shallower.

Also what bearing did you end up using?

Thanks

I'm away with work at the moment - but I will look when I get home.

Memory says - no notch and it still needed a little work on the lathe. Used the bearing that came with the drum.
The issue is the outside diameter is marginally smaller and the chain brake won't grab. A session at the stihl dealer couldn't find one that was a better solution.

Hi,

Thanks for that when you get a chance let me know. I'm thinking myself that the notch is for the adjustable oiler. I'm pretty sure I got given the wrong sprocket, I specified non adjustable :(

Do you think you have any hope with the chain brake, any adjustment there available? Could some grip tape be added to the outside of the sprocket, don't know how well it will hold up though.

Thought about trying to shorten the brake band - but it's just sitting in a box under my bench at the moment.
I had something move when I took the flywheel off and it's sat since while I sulked.

Guess I miss this thread by 10 years! Found some new robkoflok filters for the PS33, PS410 in very very old stocks. And bits and pieces of Dolmar parts for this machines. Calling out to those who still have the Dolmar PS and may want some new parts!

-oldpartsinasia Joe
image robkoflok.jpg

Latest posts

Back