Dolmar PS34 vs PS341

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hack

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The performance specs on the PS34 and PS341 appear to be similar (same displacement, same max power) but there is a weight penalty of 1.6 pounds for the PS341.

Anyone know off-hand what the story is with these two saws? Where's the extra weight coming from?

The PS 34 seems to be geared more towards the home owner. It has an outboard sprocket, uses springs and rubber antivibe mounts. The cylinder is also the top half of the crankcase.
The ps341 and 401 are geared more towards proffesional use, it is an older sound design. They have 2 intake ports, one little for idling and the large one for WOT. The recoil is mounted inside the flywheel which narrows the unit some. It has the cylinder mounted on a 2 piece crankcase. Had a 401 running in my lineup until a little Amish fellow who was helping me put some trusses up couldn't leave without it, it was a really nice balanced saw for taking small trees apart.

Thanks Marco. I really apppreciate the response.

I'm debating getting another saw for smaller jobs.

I'm actually taking a look at these models (and the equivalent Makitas) but it appears that the Echo 346 is the value leader, especially since you can find so many of them for below $200 on the 'Bay.

However, the Makita 341 is tempting at less than $240 shipped.

Does the PS341 have a magnesium case like its larger pro brethren saws?

Latest posts

Back