Dolmar/ Solo?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Troll dude..............I just love it when you talk dirty!!!:D

Whaaat, a man goes away a few days and the troll starts talking dirty already....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

While you folks kept the Stihl/dolmar/husky show going, I have been tinkering on a whole bunch of new saws lately.
Talking of a real saw, here's my new baby Dolmar CL two men saw, brand new out of the box made in the sixties. Yes, keep on drooling, yes :laugh: :laugh: ......

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
that thing is a beast!!

now back then they didnt really wear too much hearing protection right?

how many cuts on that thing did it take until you more or less became deaf?

methinks i would love a chance to run that thing.

nice.

oldirty

that thing is a beast!!

now back then they didnt really wear too much hearing protection right?

how many cuts on that thing did it take until you more or less became deaf?

methinks i would love a chance to run that thing.

nice.

oldirty

hey Oldirty (what's in a man's name, LOL).
I was able to fire her up today, and truth to be told, that 15 cu. inch, 8 hp engine is running quite pruty, not the hack of noise one would expect from it.

It of course is quite heavy and antivibe in those days was probably talk for paper pushers, not loggers.

I also cut a small log with it today, and the saw didn't even change rpm.
this is a keeper for sure.
greets

Dolmar does MAKE their OWN 90cc saw the PS9010 yea its a older since 92' design but has gobs of power. It would be awesome if Dolmar would come out with 2 new large models say a 90-95 cc and a 120ish cc model. In the past they had 85cc 133 supers then a 95cc 143mx a 100 cc 153 and the 118cc 166 So they have made large frame saws and know how to do it it still revolves around how much market they can grab it they did produce a 100cc+ saw again.

Scott

Used to have a 9000 years back, sold it to JJ,that saw was laborer forsure, great felling saw!

Are the 681's top end manufactured by Mahle

Heck, in the PNW, that's a one handed limbing saw!
Hand it over or I'll neg you:popcorn:

Awwwwww Mr Lakeside, that's a serious threat you confront me with there.

I debated the issue in length with my new saw baby and she responded that she really doesn't fancy Stihl folks :givebeer: Can't blame her really :censored:

PS. she also told me that all operators that tried to run her one handed in the past, are now either dead or reside in a disability facility:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: .

Totally awesome!!!!!!

Whaaat, a man goes away a few days and the troll starts talking dirty already....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

While you folks kept the Stihl/dolmar/husky show going, I have been tinkering on a whole bunch of new saws lately.
Talking of a real saw, here's my new baby Dolmar CL two men saw, brand new out of the box made in the sixties. Yes, keep on drooling, yes :laugh: :laugh: ......

Yeah, leave it to Niko to get the pot stirred up!!!!! LOL,,,, that's the way to wake em up Troll man!!!!! Good job,,,,

"Yo, Belgain"

what a classic Dolmar,,, Probly just like the one in 166's avatar and the logo eh???

Wow Belgain,,, did you ever score with that one,,,, Now, thats,,,,, a saw!!!!!

Last edited:
what a classic Dolmar,,, Probly just like the one in 166's avatar and the logo eh???

Wow Belgain,,, did you ever score with that one,,,, Now, thats,,,,, a saw!!!!!

I think indeed it's the old dolmar logo. I am really proud of this saw, gots to admit. :angel:

I've been looking for a petrol engine two man saw for a long time, and now I found one. I also got a power head of a Stihl KS43 and Stihl BDN (both two men saws) from 1951 with enough parts to build a complete saw. Just need the carbs and a bar which I am sourcing in germany right now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think indeed it's the old dolmar logo. I am really proud of this saw, gots to admit.

Here's another picture of the CL along with the Logo.
Steve
attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice pic and thanks for the logo, 166.
As you can see, the original color of this saw is indeed grey/blue. Mine is an army version. The saw probably originates from the dutch army, who is known to have operated this type of saw. Funny thing is the year of manufacture is not listed on the plate. I guess mine dates late fifties, early sixties but I am not sure.

You can also identify the logo above on the plate.

attachment.php

Originally Solo was going to have the 6400-7300-7900 series and maybe the 5000 series. But Dolmar decided not to sell them to Solo. So then they copied them.

Steve

Yeah, that's what I understood. After the 694 deal, there was some collaboration on the new generation of saws. The original plan was to build them in both orange and red. (Doesn't someone else do that?:hmm3grin2orange: ). At some point, Dolmar decided that they had something really good. Too good to share with someone else. So, they pretty much just dumped Solo like you would dump a girlfriend or something. Solo stuck with the basic format and designed their own saws.

It's amazing how much alike they look. In a way it's too much, isn't it? It's guaranteed to cause confusion. I'd like to get a closer look on the bench. What inter-changes, what doesn't?

Considering Dolmars' market share, at least here in the US, I don't see how it would have hurt them all that much to continue making the saws for Solo. Especially with Solo coming out with their own saws anyway. Adding to the confusion, both of the former Dolmar distributors here in the northeast are now selling Solo.

Steve, has the guy Solo guy showed up yet? Also, how many years since the 6400-7300-7900 came out and these new Solos?

Latest posts

Back