Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran them both ill take the 7900 over the 681 ANY DAY. the 681 vibrates more, has LESS POWER in the wood, and is louder.

Scott

Hi,

"louder" - OK, you`re right - but I think, solousa sells other saws there than SOLO Germany here.:dizzy:

I've found Dolmar's to be easier on the hands than Stihls: smoother running, faster rev, less vibration. Dolmars seem to have a better torque to power balance and are less prone to getting jumpy in bore cuts than Stihl at least for me. Stihl's new mtronics seem to closing the gap in that area though. However in terms of raw power I've always felt Stihl edged out Dolmar for the same cc's. Control, comfort, manageability goes to Dolmar, pure power goes to Stihl imo.

I've found Dolmar's to be easier on the hands than Stihls: smoother running, faster rev, less vibration. Dolmars seem to have a better torque to power balance and are less prone to getting jumpy in bore cuts than Stihl at least for me. Stihl's new mtronics seem to closing the gap in that area though. However in terms of raw power I've always felt Stihl edged out Dolmar for the same cc's. Control, comfort, manageability goes to Dolmar, pure power goes to Stihl imo.
You must not of run a 7900 yet.

Back