Dolmar's can't do professional logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant tell either, glad i'm not cetting that one down. He cops a lot of saw dust in the face working on the front of that tree.
Looks to me like he was using the top of the bar, and the sawdust was going the other way, away from his face.

got two dolmar dealers near me they make great equipment, i see a lot of dolmar concrete saws in use by construction company's here.

Dolmar saws & spares are more readily available in my part of the world( SW France ) the logging co I service saws for run 2 Dolmar 7910's & the fallers rate them as good as the equiv model Stihl or Husky, they have been used for the years cutting with no problems, they will be as the other saws replaced at the end of next years cutting, & the boss & fallers are happy to replace like for like, & as the price deal is better it appears a no brainer If dealers & spares are thin on the ground I can understand the reluctance to use which is a shame as the build& performance are up with the big 2 & the company's used all 3 brands.

Starting in 2016 sometime makita is phasing out dolmar. Saws will still be red but will say makita. Saw this at the outdoor power equipment show.

Well just don't tell this guy that. I think he might be a professional.
And to think he is using that old junk 7900 surly not a top notch saw. Also it has an inboard clutch how can he handle it in such position.

That's Danger Cat on here... I don't think he is still active but has some solid videos on YouTube.

Great looking saw, I think its for sale... he has two Dolmars for sale, both ported.

Man has a lot of nerve, cutting a notch in that root to put his foot in so he can stand out over nothing with 16 pounds of 79cc vibrating saw in one hand, and tree bark in the other. Great flick.

It is true. Dolmar saws simply can't take the abuse (sarcasm).

I felled and delimbed 2600 trees in Sept./Oct. this year at 9200 feet above sea level with a bone-stock 6400. I have no complaints about the saw whatsoever.

Wait, everything I've read on the internet says that the 6400 is useless in stock form and MUST be converted to 7900/7910 before it can be used. How can this be that you used a stock 6400 to cut things?!

Wait, everything I've read on the internet says that the 6400 is useless in stock form and MUST be converted to 7900/7910 before it can be used. How can this be that you used a stock 6400 to cut things?!

Who said anything about cutting with it? *Sledge* :badpc:

How to cut firewood logs with a Dolmar PS-6400?
First one needs to engages the chain brake.
Then one lowers the saw on the log, takes a step back and pulls the saw hard backwards, lift the saw take a step forward and repeat!
When the chains teeth get dull release the chain brake and rotate the chain 1/3 to 1/2 revolutions - then re-engage the chain brake and continue cutting as described above.

The Dolmar PS-6400 needs to be heavy so one can concentrate on pulling the saw backwards without additionally having to push her down!

That is how You properly cut wood with a Dolmar PS-6400, she is the "greenest" saw there is! :lol:

The guy in the initial video posted is a Damn good cutter and he's a builder of all kinda saws. He's even got a couple makitas I've seen in his videos. His dolmars run as good as his huskies and also builds for guys all over. Top notch dude and knows his stuff in woods and in a saw

The guy in the initial video posted is a Damn good cutter and he's a builder of all kinda saws. He's even got a couple makitas I've seen in his videos. His dolmars run as good as his huskies and also builds for guys all over. Top notch dude and knows his stuff in woods and in a saw
Wish I could build and fix saws. I'd have dolmars, and husqies too. But as it stands; the guys who do fix my saws, only work on STIHL's. :chainsaw:

Wish I could build and fix saws. I'd have dolmars, and husqies too. But as it stands; the guys who do fix my saws, only work on STIHL's. :chainsaw:
Me too sage don't feel bad lol. I want to learn how to do major repairs on saws but there's this dang thang called time that don't quite agree with my thinkin lol. I grew up in a stihl family, but if a saw runs strong, smooth, and reliable then bring em on

That's Danger Cat on here... I don't think he is still active but has some solid videos on YouTube.

Great looking saw, I think its for sale... he has two Dolmars for sale, both ported.
Also has a lot of videos under Hotsaw 101 in YouTube, seems like one them guys you could sit and listen to stories over hot coffee for way too long. Also that he builds a saw then takes it out and prices the work as a production faller. Keep up the good work and videos Jack if you're an AS kinda guy

Back