Dolmars going 100cc+ again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 6100 is a new platform...but looks like it's an upsized 5105 design. I don't love the top cover...but if it cuts, who gives?

I agree! if this saw comes out i can see one in my furture. But the only thing that bothers me about this saw is that primer bulb! I'm sure it will work fine, i've noticed all the new husky's have one. I'm just not a fan myself.

I am excited to see a 100cc ++ saw from dolmar I would buy one if it runs anything close to the old 166 in power. I have a dealer close by to me and they are great. Biggest problem dolmar has is no online sales certain dealers got in trouble for shipping saws a few years back and dolmar had a fit.Thats about the only bad thing I have noticed. I love my 7900 and it is one awesome running saw. I have worked on and run the 5100 and its a good saw for the size not quite as strong as my 359 but it isnt as big either. Overall Im a Husky fan but dolmar won me over a few years back it would be nice to see them come back with a big saw. Realistically though the market is more ruled by homeowner size saws so if they want to keep the money coming in thats where their attention should be first.

Biggest problem dolmar has is no online sales certain dealers got in trouble for shipping saws a few years back and dolmar had a fit.Thats about the only bad thing I have noticed.
Redmax and Jonsered do not allow net sales either. I personally agree with the model of sales over the counter only, or you get the bull crap accusations of poor parts and service availability because the guy who bought online to save $20 didn't check to see if there was a dealer within a 100 miles!!

Also, something else I've noticed in this thread- the idea that the 6400 is an 'irrelevant' model and not up to bar. Bull crap. You notice its people who don't own them who spout this. OWNERS sing the praises of this saw all day long- and there are lot of them out there. So I call bull crap, especially to the comments of one certain member whose opinion cannot be considered at all relevant to Dolmar threads. No need to name him.

Redmax and Jonsered do not allow net sales either. I personally agree with the model of sales over the counter only, or you get the bull crap accusations of poor parts and service availability because the guy who bought online to save $20 didn't check to see if there was a dealer within a 100 miles!!

Also, something else I've noticed in this thread- the idea that the 6400 is an 'irrelevant' model and not up to bar. Bull crap. You notice its people who don't own them who spout this. OWNERS sing the praises of this saw all day long- and there are lot of them out there. So I call bull crap, especially to the comments of one certain member whose opinion cannot be considered at all relevant to Dolmar threads. No need to name him.

Agreed. Not everyone needs or for that matter even cares about having the most power in the lightest package, and is willing to pay extra for it.

What everyone does want is for the saw to be reliable and last a good long time doing what it is intended for... cutting wood.

I did a quick search and the specs I could find bring it in around 13.001 pounds. That's about 0.5 heavier than the 562 and the specs are close on the hp ratings too. Again, the husky has the slight advantage with 4.7 compared to 4.5.

I hope Dolmar does something different with that top cover though, it is ugly as hell.

1-49.jpg

I can't give proper credit for the photo without getting into trouble. Google Dolmar 6100 and you will find it.

I like the look of that saw, top cover included. I bet it cuts as good as it looks. :msp_thumbup:

I don't really see any reason to hope for a new Dolmar, and don't really see any reason that they will put out a new 6 cube one?
If they did, I'm sure it would be totally riddled with EPA induced "features", and not what any regular poster on here would want.

so your saying that you dont want one due to the fact that the EPA clogges them up? And that any regular poster wouldnt know enough to reverse some of the crap that the EPA put on their?

Dolmar dealers

Dolmar dealers are generally unadvertised here in the SE and have not got behind the brand for whatever reason. Most folks under 40 say "Dol what"......and then ask where is your Stihl and Husky's? I have have experienced all this first hand here in Georgia. The integrated dealer network along with corporate guidance of Makita will grow the brand. There have been professionals lay both Husky's and Stihl's down for Dolmar saws in my local area this past year.
As for the new offerings, I spoke with some Eastern Dolmar Sales Brass personally and the 60cc range is the only new thing he would allude to, as seen already on this post.

I spoke with my chain saw man who happens to be a dolmar dealer, he said that the distributor for this area mentioned that a 90cc and something over 100cc are in the pipeline for release, he doesn't know when. :msp_thumbup:

Dolmar dealers are generally unadvertised here in the SE and have not got behind the brand for whatever reason. Most folks under 40 say "Dol what"......and then ask where is your Stihl and Husky's? I have have experienced all this first hand here in Georgia. The integrated dealer network along with corporate guidance of Makita will grow the brand. There have been professionals lay both Husky's and Stihl's down for Dolmar saws in my local area this past year.
As for the new offerings, I spoke with some Eastern Dolmar Sales Brass personally and the 60cc range is the only new thing he would allude to, as seen already on this post.
I hate to hear that the dealers for Dolmar are effectively making the brand look bad due to their own poor business practices. My local Dolmar dealer is excellent and LOTS of people have been trading in to Dolmars here, especially the 5105 and 6400. If only the dealers had a better approach, I think the brand would really get bigger. And they deserve to.

I think the "hate" comes from the days before or when Makita bought them out.

Over the years i have heard from many old dealers, every one told of being given the royal shafting.

Since the buy-out, many parts are still available, so Makita ain't doing so bad.

I sure hope to see something like a 6 or 7 cube. If they loose their ass, who cares unless you own their stock?

Competition breeds improvement.

Back