don't be a dumbazz like me......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showrguy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
so, last night i got in the hot tub, mixed up a couple of windsor and 7's (mixed drink) , spent about an hour or so outside (in the wind and cold) just as i do almost every night of the year...
got out, came inside, dried off, turned out the spot lights..
ohh, there's those pizzas i bought earlier today, they need wrapped up and put away so they don't dry out..... do that and go upstairs about 11 pm..
wife wakes me up @6:30 this morning to tell me the house is @57 deg..... umm, hhuuuuhhhh, okkaayyyy...
then she says the back door was wide open and not even locked..
then i remembered exactly what i did, and did'nt do..
when i came in i never shut the door tight, i was gonna do that next, then i saw the 2 pizza boxes sitting there...
so the OWB is getting quite the workout from last night through today, i'm slowly heating the place (and everything in it) back up to 73 deg.... all radiant floor heat takes awhile to heat up 5,600 sq.ft..

moral of the story--------shut your door when it's 15 deg. and blowing 15-25 mph outside..

i've had these words in my head all day long, say them outloud, then faster, then faster ............... I-AM-SOFA-KING-WE-TODD-IT................

lol, I can say that that has never happened to me, although if I don't pull the garage door shut all the way, it will drift open and I'll be heating it for a while until I figure it out.

Been there done that. A couple years ago we left for the day to have Christmas at a relatives. We walked out the door carrying presents and it didn't get it shut. Came home that night and the back door was wide open. My fire had burned down in my wood furnace and I was heating the great outdoors with natural gas.

Look on the bright side the oil man or electric co. didn't get to benifit off your mistake, just toss in a few axtra pieces of wood, mix another drink and laugh.

Had the wife read it fast,got a good pluck in the head.Thats a good one.

Look on the bright side the oil man or electric co. didn't get to benifit off your mistake, just toss in a few axtra pieces of wood, mix another drink and laugh.

Had the wife read it fast,got a good pluck in the head.Thats a good one.

well, i'm glad that somebody finally got it.....

will be heading back out to same tub soon, i'll make sure door is closed tight tonight....

Came home about a month ago to find that my son had left the back door open...It was 60 in the house

Is your hot tub heated with the OWB? I would be interested in how that is controlled. Do they take a lot of chems? I have excess capacity on mine and dreamed of hot tubbing in the snow.

no, it is not..
it's a newer style tub with all electronic controls and hi-tech crap..
i talked to by brother in law about doing that (he's an hvac controls guy) but he said with all the relays, switches, diodes, and so on it'd be a huge pain in the pants to make it work right, if at all....
my old tub would have been much simpler to do i think, the controls were all manual...
btw..
i made sure door was properly secured last night...

Back