Don't Complain If You Are Too Lazy To Help Yourself

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
286964d1364346513-484304_618903531456984_1331673327_n-jpg

DIET MT DEW 24 PACK, LMFAO!!! Meth is a better upper than sugar? Right?

My greatest love is for the in-laws, always want me to fix stuff for them, they come up and enjoy our cooking/food, but no help with anything, including cuttin firewood. I'd rather do it myself anyway.

A few years back, a local church decided they were going to help the needy/homeless. This was after a bunch of tv and newspaper articles on how desperate the local help organizations were for food to feed them. Their plan was to have their congregation donate the land, supplies and cost of raising 3 acres of green beans. They decided they would help when the places would send homeless people out to pick them when they were ready. Contacted the organizations everything was a go.

When they were ready they called all the places and told them they would start doing it in the morning in about 3 days. When the day came, ONE place showed up with 2 people in a car driven by a shelter worker. All the congregation members that showed up picked a LOT of beans. They then ended up taking them to the shelters and asked why they didn't show up to help.

They got excuses like, too early to start, cost of fuel to bring the people "all the way out there", and no one was available. HUH? Church offered to pick them up and bring back but no one took them up. No one was available? Where exactly do homeless/needy people "need" to be?

Congregation continued to pick AND deliver the beans and the final straw was when several places complained and asked if they could snap the beans and take the ends off as people were complaining. Needless to say they never did it again.

The young feller in the store just wants the best of two worlds. He wants nice cured cut to length wood. Plus he wants it stacked just outside his door. You can't do that for him. Why you awful man you.

I've found some of the standing dead around here is no where close to burning. Some of the stuff that's been laying for a couple of years, maybe more like 3, it's burning good and hot. All the other just hisses to much and seems to suck energy out of the fire.

Everyone has a story involving lazy people and firewood. I delivered a cord of box elder and pine to someone from a Craigslist ad who were BEGGING for wood because they couldn't pay the bills. I filled my trailer and called, got the address and drove over. A nice, newer house, newer truck in e yard, Harley parked in the open garage. When the husband came out he instantly complained that he wasn't taking pine or box elder.........
I was a block away from their house with my still loaded trailer when the wife called my cell phone begging me to come back. I laughed into the phone and continued to do so until she hung up.

My local municipal yard offers firewood for the taking, sometimes it's good, others just pine. The best part is that most of the guys that come and take it only take small pieces and stuff already cut to length. This means that a guy with a splitter can load up in NO time with nice big rounds of maple, ash, oak, etc. I'll still take pine and box elder occasionally for my neighbor to burn in his fire pit.

I'm all for giving a helping hand.........but I DO NOT abide lazy people who won't help themselves.

Dave

Oh yeah..........he doesn't work either.[/QUOTE]
Never ask someone who doesn't work to help. They are always to busy looking for something else "NOT" to do, Joe.

For about the last week one of the clerks at the local store has been complaining they are out of seasoned wood, finally I got tired of hearing it and offered him the opportunity to go cut some standing dead ash and oak from one of my properties, I explained it is easy in and out and there is a driveway...easy picking. He said he was not interested even after I said it would be free, just help yourself. I don't understand how someone can whine and then not help themselves.

Here in my part of Northern California alot of people like to talk about growing their own food. Not to many people actually get up and shovel a load of manure and build a garden, but they sure like to scold people for shopping at the supermarket. That said, many people suffer similarily with their firewood. You have to will yourself to do it, in my opinion.

Here in my part of Northern California alot of people like to talk about growing their own food. Not to many people actually get up and shovel a load of manure and build a garden, but they sure like to scold people for shopping at the supermarket. That said, many people suffer similarily with their firewood. You have to will yourself to do it, in my opinion.

I use a 2 bottom plow and springer harrow on my garden. I am pruning the orchard, grape arbors and berries this week.

This ant won't care about grasshoppers come January.

Walt 41 I'd love to take you up on your offer of cuttin' wood for free. 'though the gas bill from Nevada and back would be horrible. We have to scrouge mighty hard to find any kind of hardwoods to cut around here, and iffin' I was cutting on your property it would only be polite to cut the wood and offer you half of it for the privilege of cutting on your land. And another thing, if I agreed to be there at such and such a time I'd be there 10 minutes early.

After reading through this thread I'm just thankful I have good family, friends, and neighbors.
Helping out is one thing, and I'm all for it. But I'm gettin too old to be someone's crutch. And just old enough to look 'em in the eye and tell them that.

Where in NY are you, I'll come get them.

This particular property is in Angola, about a block from the lake. I already sold off a lot with a house on it, guy that bought it is supposed to keep an eye on things for me in exchange for the no interest mortgage I gave him, so far he only slipped up once when one of the neighbors on the opposite end of the property decided to clear a bunch of trees for himself but I hear the guy fell into some bad luck after that...forced Karma my guy calls it.

Lots of em like that around here, they are the ones who might scold you on your diet but their car is filled with fast food wrappers and moldy fries, same breed that give you the stink eye at the gas pump when you are filling up your 4x4 but then they try to flag you down when they slide in the ditch during a blizzard.

This particular property is in Angola, about a block from the lake. I already sold off a lot with a house on it, guy that bought it is supposed to keep an eye on things for me in exchange for the no interest mortgage I gave him, so far he only slipped up once when one of the neighbors on the opposite end of the property decided to clear a bunch of trees for himself but I hear the guy fell into some bad luck after that...forced Karma my guy calls it.

That's a very nice thing for you do do, offer a no-interest mortgage to someone like that. If I were younger, I would ask you to adopt me.

That's a very nice thing for you do do, offer a no-interest mortgage to someone like that. If I were younger, I would ask you to adopt me.

This was a unique deal, he is a veteran and had 40k to put down, lousy credit due to a divorce and I know if I charge interest the govt just takes most of it in my situation so I did the deal, so far over two years he has been on time and has taken good care of the place.

Latest posts

Back