Doors and such

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll bet you could sell all those you can make at a very handsome price.

Nice work!!

Thanks.. The deer is on my house. The bears are on my brothers camp and the wolves I made to sell at the end of summer but haven't had it out yet. That's why the top bar is empty. Hoping some wants me to add their name to it.

I've made a bunch of other stuff also that I have either given away or donated to friends.

Welcome to AS. Don't cut yourself short, I bet you could carve with a saw, try it sometime. Nice looking stuff, thanks for sharing with us.

If you can do that you can carve with a saw . That is some good looking work/art!

thanks

I appreciate the positive feedback. I will have to give it a go one of these days. I've watched a lot of guys do the chainsaw carving a various woodsmans days. It would be nice to figure out all the cuts.

Great work

Very cool stuff!
How does that ply hold up to the weather; I would suspect that the edges, even on lumber core, might require some special care?

Very cool stuff!
How does that ply hold up to the weather; I would suspect that the edges, even on lumber core, might require some special care?

I coat them pretty good with sealer. Really well actually. I try to cut make sure water can't get in anywhere. I have 2 doors on my house. One is one a covered porch. The other is on the side of my house. The 2nd one I cover with plastic for the winter because it gets blasted by the snow constantly. I have some one that has been on my garage for 2 winters now and it is still solid. I want to start using marine grade sealer because it will not fade in the sun. Some that get a lot of sun start to fade.

I appreciate the positive feedback. I will have to give it a go one of these days. I've watched a lot of guys do the chainsaw carving a various woodsmans days. It would be nice to figure out all the cuts.

Like the carver that got me into it said to me: "Quit talking about it and do it". The most influential statement to date regarding my saw carving. I wish I had started thirty years ago

Latest posts

Back