DOT Law?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any thing over 10k, is suppoed to have a DOT number...motor carrier number?? that might be for crossing state lines.....any one driving a truck over 10k, is supposed to have a DOT physical card...does anyone enforce it???? i don't think so...i don't think that the cops even know about this,nor care...if you're running local,, i wouldn't sweat it...you have to worry about the state troopers on the hiway...and, thats if you're running CDL stuff...they are out for the 80k guys...

juststumps said:
any one driving a truck over 10k, is supposed to have a DOT physical card...does anyone enforce it???? i don't think so...i don't think that the cops even know about this,nor care.....

Well that would be nice in your state and the surrounding states but for the rest of the country yes the DOT DOES CARE and they do ENFORCE IT. If it crosses a state line (interstate) US DOT applies. If it is (intrastate) inside the state lines then state law applies.

Bill

No interstate truck traffic here, obviously. A regular driver lic. is good for up to 15K here. Over that you need a class 4. Over 26K you need a CDL.

Latest posts

Back