Double Threat Weekend! Homelite 2100 (PIC HEAVY)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildman1024

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well The weekend started with getting the Echo Cs-900EVL together, cleaned up and running. Now on day two I was able to get out and start work on the Homelite 2100 I picked up a week ago.

I tore the entire saw down and cleaned all the sap and crap off it. I Fixed the clutch since it was locked up and replaced the fuel lines, tank filter and installed a nova II module. The carb still needs a kit and I need the other screw for the intake which has been ordered. I stole the diaphrams outta my parts saw c-72 to put in the 2100 temporarily to see if i could at least hear some life. I am happy to say that it was a success and i was able to hear the beast come to life for a minute or to before i shut her down. She was running a little lean and i didn't wanna mess her up any.

She came with a like new Homelite hard tip bar and new piece of 404 chain. It;s a funny looking chain and i think it had a 40 on the driver. Anyways the chain has never been sharpened either yet. Some of you may remember the Oregon bar I picked up a few weeks ago...well the chain was a perfect fit and the bar found a home.

Here are a few pics of her basically done. Also a few fun pics of my big boys.

DSC04518.jpg

DSC04520.jpg

DSC04522.jpg

DSC04526.jpg

DSC04531.jpg

DSC04532.jpg

DSC04537.jpg

Very nice group of big Homies you got there Wildman. That is the first time I have seen picts of a 2100, they are not common around here at all. I have been offered a 2100 Super so I must make a trip and pick it up sometime, looks like they could do some serious cutting.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks for all the kind words guys it means alot.

Jerry if you can get your hands on that 2100 I would grab it. I haven't gotten a chance to run mine yet but I know how the 100cc baby brothers feel ant ts great.

Thank god for the iPhone cause I'm at the circus right now. The old lady just had to go lol

Very nice group of big Homies you got there Wildman. That is the first time I have seen picts of a 2100, they are not common around here at all. I have been offered a 2100 Super so I must make a trip and pick it up sometime, looks like they could do some serious cutting.
Pioneerguy600

Pick it up man! You'll love it, they are a real brute!

Pick it up man! You'll love it, they are a real brute!

I have very little experience with the Homelites, especially the big ones but this thread has jogged my memory about the offer, I had to just drive over to pick it up. Has not been run since 1977 and only had about two tanks of fuel run through it back then. Owner says just come take it but I will try to give him something for it.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks for all the kind words guys it means alot.

Jerry if you can get your hands on that 2100 I would grab it. I haven't gotten a chance to run mine yet but I know how the 100cc baby brothers feel ant ts great.

Thank god for the iPhone cause I'm at the circus right now. The old lady just had to go lol

I see another road trip in the near future, dang CAD.
Pioneerguy600

I have very little experience with the Homelites, especially the big ones but this thread has jogged my memory about the offer, I had to just drive over to pick it up. Has not been run since 1977 and only had about two tanks of fuel run through it back then. Owner says just come take it but I will try to give him something for it.
Pioneerguy600

They are easy as all get out to work on. The P&C's can be difficult to find but, everything else seems to pop up if you need it. However it doesn't sould like it will need much if anything. If it does let me know, I might have it or know where to find it.
Jay

Nice job on that 2100 Wildman. You are going to have a BIIIG grin that probably won't come off easy once you get to cuttin with it.

Nice job on that 2100 Wildman. You are going to have a BIIIG grin that probably won't come off easy once you get to cuttin with it.

I got a big grin already just thinking about it. I keep looking at it and that 30" bar and shaking my head cause it needs another 2 feet. LOL

Who else is running an 8 pin rim in 404 on these? Outta be pretty quick with that 30" bar though. Better hold on tight :cheers:

Back