Doubts about the 192t???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BostonBull

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
I know a few of you had doubts about this saw but I have been using it now for a week or so. i am VEry pelased with it! I dropped it today from 10-15 feet in the bucket onto semi frozen ground. And the thing bounced I had the groundie hand it up looked it over no cracks. The spring that holds the handle onto the bottom of the saw is bent a little....but it started right up!!!

BostonBull

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mike thats for the insight to proper safety. :blob2: :blob2: I was in the bucket taking it out of the scabbard to give to the groundie on the way down. and it fell. Should I have had the groundie throw me up a pice of handline too?
It DOES impress me how TOUGH the saw is. I know its a good saw.....I am posting this saying it is a tough saw!

BostonBull

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
I wasnt aware that I needed a rope Pruning for lines. And my groundie wasnt anywhere near me when it fell. I hadnt even called him over yet.

Whats your beef with me anyway?

rubberducky

rubberducky

ArboristSite Operative
Dont worry about him BostonBull. He's just one of the guys that doesn't take risks. But I would have to say that the saw has got to be pretty dang tough.

klickitatsacket

klickitatsacket

Addicted to ArboristSite
Winlock, Wa. under the shadow of Mt. St. Helens
Do you have a copy right liscience # for your signiture? The reason I am asking is that it is illegal for you to use it unless you do and can result in some big fines. It can even get this forum in trouble for allowing it. Not that the Federal Government ever goes out of their way to make a little guy miserable.

kf_tree

kf_tree

Addicted to ArboristSite
i disagree with mike about saw lanyards....but 99% of the time i take a rope with me, just lay it over the bucket or tie it to the safety eye. saves time instead of coming down for one. i also got in the habit of wearing a saddle in the bucket, mainly because i'm tall so it's easier for me to fall out when leaning or reaching.

but i must agree with mike that dropping a saw is no way to test if it's a good saw or not. if something would have cracked would you have called it a piece of shat then?

BostonBull

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Alright mike I dont know you from a hole inthe wall and dont care to!! BUT I will entertain you.

I am an ex Power Linesman looking for a change of scenery. When it comes to safety I am top notch....Years of union training lol.....

I wear a hardhat FULL safety glasss rated for flashes up to 25KV! Ear muffs, Gloves, and a full body HARNESS with a retractable spirng lanyard so I dont break my back!!

If I am doing hazardous removals around lines I even throw on some FR clothing. it is against company policy to wear rubber gloves but if I could I would. I also wear Wesco Firstormer boots which are lined with not only fire proof leather they 6 ounces of kevlar in them in case a saw slips!!!

Now PI$S Off and leave me alone....find some other young white boy to pick on. You've made your point you are god I am a nobody.

BostonBull

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
I tried the body belt thing just couldnt get comfy in it. Thats why I use the harness....years of using kind of force of habit I guess. Just like feeling comfy up thee ya know!

Kneejerk Bombas

Kneejerk Bombas

ArboristSite King
My mom's basement, in Madison, Wisconsin.
BostonBull said:
Alright mike I dont know you from a hole inthe wall and dont care to!! BUT I will entertain you.

I am an ex Power Linesman looking for a change of scenery. When it comes to safety I am top notch....Years of union training lol.....

I wear a hardhat FULL safety glasss rated for flashes up to 25KV! Ear muffs, Gloves, and a full body HARNESS with a retractable spirng lanyard so I dont break my back!!

If I am doing hazardous removals around lines I even throw on some FR clothing. it is against company policy to wear rubber gloves but if I could I would. I also wear Wesco Firstormer boots which are lined with not only fire proof leather they 6 ounces of kevlar in them in case a saw slips!!!

Now PI$S Off and leave me alone....find some other young white boy to pick on. You've made your point you are god I am a nobody.

You line guys are funny!