Douglas Fir

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canyonbc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello

I am taking own some Douglas firs..in Northern California...Santa Rosa area to be excat..Sonoma County.

Anyways these trees are ranging in the 45-90 ft range..there is like 17

i have been told this timber sells at a good price???

Does anyone no if this is true...???

Or should they hit the splitter

Hello

I am taking own some Douglas firs..in Northern California...Santa Rosa area to be excat..Sonoma County.

Anyways these trees are ranging in the 45-90 ft range..there is like 17

i have been told this timber sells at a good price???

Does anyone no if this is true...???

Or should they hit the splitter

The market for Doug Fir in your part of the copuntry is down right now. Lumber demand is down hence poorer prices for logs.There aren't that many buyers if you're thinking of selling to a large sawmill. The mills will cull the hell out of second growth DF and you won't wind up with much net scale. Give Mendocino Forest Products in Ukiah a call...they can probably tell you more about who to contact,transportation costs, etc.
You might think about contacting somebody with a portable mill and have him cut for you or just sell the logs to him and have him cut on site.
Sorry I don't have better news for you. Good luck with your project. Bob

Thank you Bob,

I will give them a call...

A second cousin, something or another relative owns MeadClark lumber, in Santa Rosa California...i was planning on calling him seeing if he had any suggestions

I had no idea what to expect...i can easily split it al and sell for fire wood on the side...so i am not too worried either way

again thanks for the info

canyon

log prices and cutting (Newbie)

What does a 90ft Douglas Fir go for, price wise? It must be about 30-32" butt end. I'd like to have all 17 of them out here in Nebraska!!! Best I can get is 8-10" White/Red Pine out here and have to go 200+ miles to get them.

(off topic, maybe) but does anyone know of someone who would bring them to the Midwest??

Latest posts

Back