DR log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might have better luck with this question in a different part of the site. I use splitting axes and an Oregon spilitter.

It's a copy of the Super Split. The Dr has also had a few issues. Check the Firewood forum.

I've had a Super Split for over 2 years and and Love it!!!

My father has a DR electric 7ton splitter that works great!!!! That 7 ton was a replacement for a 5 ton that we broke bending some steel. I can say this, their customer service is phenominal!!!!

DR is a good company with a good rep. When they decided to get into the mechanical splitter business, they went to the best maker 'Super Split' and tried to buy the rights, or work some kind of deal. SS said no, so DR acquired two SS splitters and copied them. The copy is not as good as the original...

There were a few shortcomings I found with the dr. 1 its a horizontal only splitter. All fine and dandy if most the wood you get is smaller diameter and easy to lift. Most of the trees I do are over 48" and need to be quartered just to move them. Even 1/4 would be heavier than id want to lift onto a horizontal table.
#2 my stove will take a 36" log. The dr looks like its only set up to run 18" pieces.

I think itd be perfect as a second splitter for the smaller stuff as long as you had a traditional vertical or whatnot for the bigger rounds. Just my 2cents

Latest posts

Back