Drained OWB, ideas for water additives

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngzcaz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I let the water in the first season but drained it after the second season ( a few months ago ) I had added Shavers recommended additives but with draining it they are long gone. CB also has additives, a gallon treats slightly less than 200 gallons of water. Shavers was much more expensive. Anything new on the market ?? I've heard of adding pickle juice and beet juice but..........

** for those who installed heat exchangers, well I hope your water is cleaner than mine was. I can see potential problems for clogging with them.

:cheers:

I had drained mine after 3 years to add Hydronic heating fluid, (anti freeze), and mine was pretty clean. The dealer did the additives when the stove was installed. It is a CB and he used their chemicals. I have had my water tested before and it is pretty good right out of the tap.

So I might suggest a water test and treat it accordingly before adding the stove manufacturer recommended chemicals. Then get your PH and nitrates correct and it seems you should be good.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back